Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014707 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
12 Aug 2010 - 11:44 AM

The Grumpy Group is born!

A place to have a good old gripe about stuff!

So what do you fancy having a good moan about today?

Use this thread to vent your spleen.

Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Aug 2010 - 11:44 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
12 Aug 2010 - 11:51 AM

My Boss. I'm usually out on the road, anywhere from Lakes to Scotland, Ireland etc. This week I have been stuck in the office all week covering for holidays. The man is driving me insane! Sad

Metalhead
Metalhead  61864 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
12 Aug 2010 - 11:57 AM

A spleen venting thread... Another good idea. I've had Loves and Hates today, time to do some venting!

Well, we're off to a Metal Fest for the weekend. The beer's in the van, everything's packed, mother-in-law is looking after the dog.... except the dog spent most of the night keeping us up pukin' and poopin'! She's had her problems, but she's been fine for most of the year. Why does she have to fall ill the night before a festival!?

Don't get me wrong, I love my dog, and hopefully it is a one-off thing last night, but I also love my festivals and catching up with the large groups of mates all in one place at the same time. And no, she can't come to the festival with us...

To add to that, my leisure battery wasn't sited properly and actually tipped over on the way to work! Sulphuric acid burning a hole in the carpet!!

I get the impression somebody somewhere doesn't want us to go to this festival??!?

Ade, are you going to give feedback to the spleen venters, or will people just vent away and not get responses to help them cheer up?

The final grumpy moment: I've still got 5 hours of work to do before setting off, assuming my dog's OK and the van hasn't got a hole in the floor from the acid spill...

Vent over.

Last Modified By Metalhead at 12 Aug 2010 - 11:57 AM
answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
12 Aug 2010 - 12:34 PM

I laugh in the face of grumpy... hahahahahaha

see..

try it Wink

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 12 Aug 2010 - 12:34 PM
Geoffphoto
12 Aug 2010 - 1:05 PM

One and a half hours to drive the 22 or so miles from a job in Perranporth back home to St Ives, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................., I so love the tourists here in August !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sad

Last Modified By Geoffphoto at 12 Aug 2010 - 1:05 PM
ade_mcfade
12 Aug 2010 - 1:42 PM

Quote: Ade, are you going to give feedback to the spleen venters, or will people just vent away and not get responses to help them cheer up?

I wasn't planning to be an agony uncle I must admit!

the idea was to get all the grumpy stuff in one place - so created the group and this thread to kick it off Wink

I'm grumpy because I've got a cold and headache - I was in ASDA and felt dizzy now and then, so not good. I came home from work and am just feeling a bit poo sat around the house... got to choose my exhibition photos and go to the framers too, though that's actually good fun Smile

ketch
ketch e2 Member 6770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
12 Aug 2010 - 1:48 PM

@ Geoffphoto - You are so lucky to live in Cornwall - you should consider it an honour to be held up by tourists who keep the Cornish economy afloat!

Indeed you should doff your hat and bid them all good day with a merry smile, hurrah for grockles no I mean emmets for they bring me my daily bread and keep the roof over my head - you should say!!

Yes laugh in the very face of grumpy - hahahahahahah

Last Modified By ketch at 12 Aug 2010 - 1:48 PM
digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
12 Aug 2010 - 2:01 PM

I don't do grumpy, it's a waste of energy that could be used for having fun. Smile

ade_mcfade
12 Aug 2010 - 3:08 PM

Quote: I don't do grumpy, it's a waste of energy that could be used for having fun. Smile

I agree, that's why I created the group - so when they get round to allowing "Block Groups", you can just switch off all the grumpy forum threads

does rely on the grumpys using the group - I can see that being a major blocker because they're all grumpy about groups anyway so won't use them Wink

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 94038 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
12 Aug 2010 - 3:21 PM

Well, I've got a stinking headache & now have to get the noisy carpet cleaner out because my senile geriatric old whippet has just forgotten she goes outside to wee Sad She is now back asleep on a dry patch of the floor. Bless.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103995 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
12 Aug 2010 - 4:06 PM

Quote: Well, I've got a stinking headache & now have to get the noisy carpet cleaner out because my senile geriatric old whippet has just forgotten she goes outside to wee Sad She is now back asleep on a dry patch of the floor. Bless.

Imagine it was you who was the guilty party Smile

I empathise entirely - one of ours cats, who is blind and has kidney failure leaves us little packages around the house rather than in the litter tray.....but I can't feel anything but sorry for her. Smile

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110146 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
12 Aug 2010 - 4:07 PM

Its my Birthday so I'm even older - could have made me grumpy,
but then my lovely wife took me out to lunch,
nice but Mudeford Quay was awash with Grockles.
That could have made me grumpy,
but I got a load of lovely dahlias to plant in my empty potato box (that made me smile) -
then I found that my back-up hard drive had committed Sepukku so I have had to buy a new one and its taking forever to create new back-up files (8hrs+ at last estimate)

NOW I'M GRUMPY!

thanks for asking Tongue

Last Modified By brian1208 at 12 Aug 2010 - 4:07 PM
Geoffphoto
12 Aug 2010 - 4:16 PM

Quote: @ Geoffphoto - You are so lucky to live in Cornwall - you should consider it an honour to be held up by tourists who keep the Cornish economy afloat!

Yeah , I know - I keep telling myself that when I'm stuck in traffic or trying to find a parking space when I'm trying to do MY JOB !!!!!

( still, just taken 25 mins from Redruth to Home , had a nice cuppa, got my D3 back from Nikon with a brand new shutter, so all is well in the world, Oh! and the sun is trying to shine Smile )

Stonemushroom
12 Aug 2010 - 5:08 PM

My company can't win an argument at the moment, let alone a bid.

I have no work and no prospects at the door and redundancy is on the cards.

Oh happy days???????????????????????????

and it is p***ing it down

Last Modified By Stonemushroom at 12 Aug 2010 - 5:10 PM
mohikan22
mohikan22  102185 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Aug 2010 - 5:16 PM

the damn clouds!! how can i watch a meteor shower with clouds!!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.