Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
mohikan22
mohikan22  102185 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2010 - 3:46 PM

hmm did you have any stiff neck along with the shoulder?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Oct 2010 - 3:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103995 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2010 - 4:01 PM

Quote: Hmm did you have any stiff neck along with the shoulder?

I don't believe so. The original injury was to my rib cage...imagine it's a little like whiplash..the neck takes a fairly heavy load

jazzygf
jazzygf  10537 forum posts Scotland
22 Oct 2010 - 4:52 PM

A crappy online company called simplyelectronics.net. Ordered anew camera from them only to call them today and be told it aint in stock. they have my money they show 5 in stock on the website but they can't deliver any GITS

Eviscera
Eviscera  81096 forum posts United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2010 - 5:26 PM

The new browsing experience , had a few hours off to have a good catchup , and ...!

1-screen.jpg

polis_928tadw59
28 Oct 2010 - 12:44 PM

It's nearly Christmas. The wife went shopping yesterday and returned with the remark, " I've bought my Christmas present from you to me." She'd spent £100.00, and that was £95 more than what I was going to spend on her. How many more bloody days to go ? No one knows what depression is until it gets near Xmas. Cheer me up please, but not enough so that I have to leave this group.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122191 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2010 - 1:59 PM

Go and buy her present to you like a new lens. Grin

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110152 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2010 - 2:11 PM

Had a new cooker delivered, supposed to be installed at the same time. The "electrician" reckoned that the wiring was wrong and anyway, the power to the cooker had failed (its your RCD mate, they often fail). So, I was left with the new cooker in the garage, with the old one "Not Working".

As it happens I have another electrician (a proper one) coming tomorrow to wire up my wife's new studio, and he is going to sort it.

In the meantime I thought it over and remembered from my lab days that "cut outs "often required that you switch off the device before resetting, So I switched off the cooker socket, reset the RCD and switched on the cooker - instant power - no problem

Why couldn't he have thought of that?! Sad

Last Modified By brian1208 at 28 Oct 2010 - 2:11 PM
User_Removed
28 Oct 2010 - 7:48 PM

Quote: Why couldn't he have thought of that?!

Because he was a (member of) :

Trans

World

Airlines

Twits

Brian...

Simples!

Wink

JJGEE
JJGEE  96205 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2010 - 7:57 PM

Nothing

I have had a good day today Smile

But what tomorrow brings has yet to be revealed !

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110152 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2010 - 8:17 PM

Quote: Why couldn't he have thought of that?!

Because he was a (member of) :

Trans

World

Airlines

Twits

Brian...

Simples!

Wink

Those darned Meercats have got a lot to answer for! Tongue

polis_928tadw59

Lost the windows start menu, and taskbar, etc on my screen, and cannot get it back on. Any advice from all you grumpies ?

RogBrown
RogBrown  72996 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2010 - 12:10 PM

Some advice here.

Metalhead
Metalhead  61864 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2010 - 12:14 PM

Depends if you mean you've moved the Start menu and task bar to some obscure place accidentally in which case Rog's link would be useful, or if the computer's just had one of its moments and the task bar has disappeared? The second one has happened to me on occasion. Usually resolved by restarting the machine. You should be able to initiate a shutdown by simply pressing the main power switch. If that doesn't work, press and hold the power switch until it switches off. Then switch it back on again. Make sure everything is saved if you can still access any open programs.

Have you tried pressing the Windows icon key at the bottom of the keyboard to see if it brings up the Start menu?

strawman
strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2010 - 12:15 PM

Yes smack it with a hammer.

polis_928tadw59

Rog's link has not worked, but I will try your suggestions, Metalhead. As regards strawman's answer that does not enter the equation, as yet. As my temper gets frayed, I will ask the wife to hide all the hammers.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.