Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
14 Oct 2012 - 7:50 PM

Just discovered that I was a member of one of those Kingfisher groups! Again! Don't know when that happened, but I'm becoming increasingly disenchanted with Kingfishers. Not their fault at all, it's just that I seem to keep inadvertently joining KF-related groups. Grrr.... Sad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Oct 2012 - 7:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
14 Oct 2012 - 11:46 PM

Is there an Open Season for kingfishers? Someone said it goes well with Sauvignon Blanc! Grin Tongue

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63281 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2012 - 10:25 AM

Quote: I`ve found that being a member of this, makes little or no difference.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/stillgetcalls.html

The trouble with the TPS is they only cover cold call selling. Most companies now get round it by saying they are doing market research, not selling, so it doesn't cover them! Had many an argument with British companies about this. Others say, wel you're not on the TPS list, you need to register. Load of B*****X; we are on the list but they choose to ignore it. Worst on of all is PV Solar who don't give a damn & just keep ringing trying to sell us solar panels despite our roof not being suitable.
Difficult to report most of the nuisance calls because the callers ( illegally) withhold their numbers in most cases.

Metalhead
Metalhead  61866 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2012 - 10:59 AM

Quote: The trouble with the TPS...

I've just registered with these to try and stop nuisance calls. I only had the phone line installed last Tuesday afternoon and within 3 hours I had the first automated call about mis-sold PPI rubbish! How crazy is that? It's a brand new phone line!

Almost every day since then I've had missed calls through the day but the number doesn't show and there's no message. As no-one knows the new number yet they can only be nuisance calls.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63281 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2012 - 11:23 AM

Automated dialling system checking if your line is active. When you answer, it registers active line & time of day when answered. Then you start to get the unwanted calls at that time because they know you're around then.
When we started getting the calls we spoke with a human at the TPS ( not easy to do!) & basically their answer was " change your number". From your experience it seems even that doesn't work.
Was your number previously allocated to another subscriber?

Metalhead
Metalhead  61866 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2012 - 11:42 AM

I'm not sure if I can find out if the number was allocated before. I just assumed being a fresh phone line installation it would be a completely new number but I guess they do get recycled after being previously disconnected. It could've been an active number only a few months prior to it being allocated to me.

The automated dialling system sounds feasible. I answered a call at about 6:30 the other evening but deliberately said nothing when I picked up. After waiting about 20 seconds I said "hello" and straight away the line went dead! Either coincidence, or the system just recorded a response and I'll start getting calls after 6:30 from now on! Either way, if there's anyone I don't want to talk to about being sold stuff I don't want or need, I usually say politely that I'm not interested and if they don't get the hint, down goes the phone! Grin

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314996 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2012 - 7:10 PM

Had an appointment today at the hospital, part of the pre surgery check-up.

I was told that the operation needed is bigger than the one I was first told about on my last visit Sad

Bridgelayer
15 Oct 2012 - 9:06 PM

Quote: The trouble with the TPS...

Almost every day since then I've had missed calls through the day but the number doesn't show and there's no message. As no-one knows the new number yet they can only be nuisance calls.

Get on to your service provider, tell them you want a new number and NOT to give out to these bassas who got your number.

TPS takes about 3 months to make any real effect.

Overread
Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2012 - 11:24 PM

Quote:
The automated dialling system sounds feasible. I answered a call at about 6:30 the other evening but deliberately said nothing when I picked up. After waiting about 20 seconds I said "hello" and straight away the line went dead! Either coincidence, or the system just recorded a response and I'll start getting calls after 6:30 from now on!

Another reason that the phone often goes dead is because the company/group doing the calling has an auto-dialler which dials out the calls. However they've more diallers than they have active staff free to take the call, so if it calls you and you answer and no one is currently free, you get dropped.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314996 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Oct 2012 - 1:34 AM

Quote: I'm not sure if I can find out if the number was allocated before. I just assumed being a fresh phone line installation it would be a completely new number but I guess they do get recycled after being previously disconnected

When I last moved I thought the same, they just gave me the number as used by the previous occupants, I had no end of calls from debt collectors and there long lost relatives Smile

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
16 Oct 2012 - 1:42 AM

Did you ever find out how the dept collectors lost their relatives in the first place? and did you manage to re-unite them?

Paul Morgan
16 Oct 2012 - 1:45 AM

Lol that came out a bit wrong Smile

JJGEE
JJGEE  96236 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
16 Oct 2012 - 1:59 PM

I have had a certain Bank account since 1984 which has a feature that allows me to put a card into a machine, type in some details and get some cash out of the slot.

Twice in the last 5 days I have had to go to the counter inside the bank to sort out some things and have been told that I have a " children's account" and it should be upgraded.

Now that has really irritated me and I have told them so in no uncertain terms.
Why after 28 years am I suddenly being classed / treated as a child ? Sad Sad

Do all banks treat their old aged customers like this ?

Last Modified By JJGEE at 16 Oct 2012 - 2:04 PM
mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
16 Oct 2012 - 4:20 PM

Better get that sorted fast, Jeff. The next step could be to inform you that you're too young to have access to your money, so they're going to look after it for you until you're old enough. Tongue Wink

Last Modified By mdpontin at 16 Oct 2012 - 4:20 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
16 Oct 2012 - 5:04 PM

Quote: Do all banks treat their old aged customers like this ?

Perhaps they assume a 'Second Childhood' takes over at a certain age? Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.