Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
JJGEE
JJGEE  96098 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
18 Oct 2012 - 7:27 PM

Not me, BUT Google may feel a bit grumpy with the Financial Printer ! !

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Oct 2012 - 7:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
21 Oct 2012 - 4:09 PM

Why do companies assume that everyone has a mobile phone?

I decided to join the B&Q discount club, and one box requires a mobile number, if you don't enter one it won't continue the registration.

I do have a mobile, but the battery is knackered and only lasts for a couple of hours, so it's never used, and I just can't be bothered to replace it.
if I do go out alone I usually put it on charge for an hour or so just in case I need to use it.
Any way I entered a number and that worked OK so Ive got my barcode.

I've had the same problem with other companies.

BEVZED
BEVZED e2 Member 71139 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
21 Oct 2012 - 5:31 PM

Quote: Why do companies assume that everyone has a mobile phone?

My mobile is for my convenience, not for others, I've had many a thing refused because I deny them the 'right' to my telphone numbers.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2012 - 5:37 PM

Quote: I've had many a thing refused because I deny them the 'right' to my telphone numbers.

Why not just make up a number ?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2012 - 6:26 PM

Quote: Why not just make up a number ?

Or just get a free SIM card and use the number on that - you don't have to bother ever activating it.

Saves the possibility of a made-up number being someone's real number, and their getting annoying spam texts etc.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 63723 forum postsNick_w vcard England98 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2012 - 6:32 PM

Quote: I've had many a thing refused because I deny them the 'right' to my telphone numbers.

Why not just make up a number ?

Any random number/ keystroke tends to work, same with address etc

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214383 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2012 - 7:15 PM

The other week I lost my land line, internet still worked (only just)

But I could not log a report because the form insisted that a mobile phone number was given.

Since I don`t use a mobile I had to wait for the wife to return home from work, I can never remember her mobile number Smile

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
21 Oct 2012 - 8:47 PM

Quote: Why not just make up a number ?

I did. GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Quote: Any random number/ keystroke tends to work, same with address etc

Tried that, but it didn't work, computers are getting too darned clever, they'll be taking over sooooooooon. Sad

Last Modified By macroman at 21 Oct 2012 - 8:51 PM
smartwombat
22 Oct 2012 - 3:27 PM

grumpy? me?
Yes, TV in the USA
It's total sh1te
The lip sync on their HD services is about 0.25sec out, laugh a minute.
But the content, oh my!
it is terrible, since it's a hotel TV I guess it's a bad thing to throw something heavy at it.

Jestertheclown
22 Oct 2012 - 5:21 PM

Quote: TV in the USA
It's total sh1te

The TV in this country's no better.

RogBrown
RogBrown e2 Member 72987 forum postsRogBrown vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2012 - 5:28 PM

Quote: The TV in this country's no better.

Don't you believe it!!

Metalhead
Metalhead  61862 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 1:15 PM

Been trying to call a certain energy company all morning (Am I allowed to say nPower?) as my credit still hasn't been processed even though my account was closed almost 2 months ago. Instead of waiting in their phone queue I used their ring back service.

Two hours later, the phone rings, it's them! Seconds later the phone goes dead! Probably a weak signal where I am. Do they ring me back? Nope...

Looks like I've got to go through their automated pain-in-the-ass system and join the queue again, and hope it doesn't get cut off if/when they call me back... Oh joy...

SueEley
SueEley e2 Member 7271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 5:00 PM

My husband packing the dustpan and brush while I was cleaning prior to moving house... BTW Metalhead - do they have a facebook page? Try complaining on that and say how long you've been waiting.

JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2687 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
23 Oct 2012 - 5:37 PM

I'm grumpy because the Chrismas decs are up in Gateshead Metro Centre and many of the shops have Chrismas rubbish on display. There are OVER TWO months till Christmas and I'm sick of the commercial humbug all ready.

Jestertheclown
23 Oct 2012 - 5:41 PM

The Christmas decs. went up in the street here (Dunstable) about a week ago.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.