Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What's made you grumpy today?

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
18 Oct 2012 7:27PM
Not me, BUT Google may feel a bit grumpy with the Financial Printer ! !

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

macroman 11 15.3k England
21 Oct 2012 4:09PM
Why do companies assume that everyone has a mobile phone?

I decided to join the B&Q discount club, and one box requires a mobile number, if you don't enter one it won't continue the registration.

I do have a mobile, but the battery is knackered and only lasts for a couple of hours, so it's never used, and I just can't be bothered to replace it.
if I do go out alone I usually put it on charge for an hour or so just in case I need to use it.
Any way I entered a number and that worked OK so Ive got my barcode.

I've had the same problem with other companies.
BEVZED e2
8 1.1k United Kingdom
21 Oct 2012 5:31PM

Quote:Why do companies assume that everyone has a mobile phone?

My mobile is for my convenience, not for others, I've had many a thing refused because I deny them the 'right' to my telphone numbers.
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2012 5:37PM

Quote:I've had many a thing refused because I deny them the 'right' to my telphone numbers.

Why not just make up a number ?
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
21 Oct 2012 6:26PM

Quote:Why not just make up a number ?

Or just get a free SIM card and use the number on that - you don't have to bother ever activating it.

Saves the possibility of a made-up number being someone's real number, and their getting annoying spam texts etc.
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
21 Oct 2012 6:32PM

Quote:I've had many a thing refused because I deny them the 'right' to my telphone numbers.

Why not just make up a number ?

Any random number/ keystroke tends to work, same with address etc
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
21 Oct 2012 7:15PM
The other week I lost my land line, internet still worked (only just)

But I could not log a report because the form insisted that a mobile phone number was given.

Since I don`t use a mobile I had to wait for the wife to return home from work, I can never remember her mobile number Smile
macroman 11 15.3k England
21 Oct 2012 8:47PM

Quote:Why not just make up a number ?

I did. GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Quote:Any random number/ keystroke tends to work, same with address etc

Tried that, but it didn't work, computers are getting too darned clever, they'll be taking over sooooooooon. Sad
22 Oct 2012 3:27PM
grumpy? me?
Yes, TV in the USA
It's total sh1te
The lip sync on their HD services is about 0.25sec out, laugh a minute.
But the content, oh my!
it is terrible, since it's a hotel TV I guess it's a bad thing to throw something heavy at it.
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
22 Oct 2012 5:21PM

Quote: TV in the USA
It's total sh1te

The TV in this country's no better.
RogBrown 7 3.0k 10 England
22 Oct 2012 5:28PM

Quote:The TV in this country's no better.

Don't you believe it!!
Metalhead 7 1.9k 2 England
23 Oct 2012 1:15PM
Been trying to call a certain energy company all morning (Am I allowed to say nPower?) as my credit still hasn't been processed even though my account was closed almost 2 months ago. Instead of waiting in their phone queue I used their ring back service.

Two hours later, the phone rings, it's them! Seconds later the phone goes dead! Probably a weak signal where I am. Do they ring me back? Nope...

Looks like I've got to go through their automated pain-in-the-ass system and join the queue again, and hope it doesn't get cut off if/when they call me back... Oh joy...
SueEley 8 271 96 Wales
23 Oct 2012 5:00PM
My husband packing the dustpan and brush while I was cleaning prior to moving house... BTW Metalhead - do they have a facebook page? Try complaining on that and say how long you've been waiting.
JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
23 Oct 2012 5:37PM
I'm grumpy because the Chrismas decs are up in Gateshead Metro Centre and many of the shops have Chrismas rubbish on display. There are OVER TWO months till Christmas and I'm sick of the commercial humbug all ready.
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
23 Oct 2012 5:41PM
The Christmas decs. went up in the street here (Dunstable) about a week ago.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.