Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What's made you grumpy today?

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

javam e2
10 1.1k 19 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2010 1:19PM

Quote:How can a train go from being on time 1 minute before it is due to arrive to 15 minutes late 1 minute later
Well, if the train stops somewhere for 15 minutes between the 1 minute before and 1 minute after, then that is possible...Smile

Only if they have a flux capacitor fitted or the fabric of time has changed while I was not looking. Come to think of it that would explain why my computer says it is August, but it is clearly october outside. Did I miss something on the news?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
26 Aug 2010 1:21PM
Yeap, time adjusted, 2 months forward. Smile
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2010 1:32PM
50mm (2 inches) of rain so far this week has stopped harvest. That's making me grumpy 'cos I'm having to talk to even grumpier farmers whose wheat has stated sprouting in the ear!
KathyW 11 1.8k 12 Norfolk Island
26 Aug 2010 1:41PM
Would that be the wheat they sold forward at 100 a tonne (subject to quality of course)? ... Best not to talk to the ones who are trying for a second cut of hay either...
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2010 1:59PM
exactly Sad
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2010 7:57PM
Having a new kitchen fitted...the appliances arrived but the warming draw ( Yes I know...a bit extravagant) didn't shut properly. So this morning the technician arrived to mend it, which he did, but also scratched the f@ck out of the black glass fascia. So now I have to wait in again for someone else to come and assess the damage.....
9 Sep 2010 2:34PM
Well my wife states that I am a right grumpy old bugga, and that I should cheer up, and get a bit fun into my life. Well I just have, reading all the above. I have not laughed so much in 10 years. What a sour lot. I would have thought that anyone with a camera, be it FILM or digital, and with at least 1 lens, AND a FILM to hand, or a memory card in the pocket,would be the happiest person on earth. Each week from now on, when I fail to win the national lottery jackpot, I am coming to this site to cheer myself up. Good grumblings to you all, and take "baby steps" towards the happy land.
9 Sep 2010 3:54PM
Finding out that less had changed here than I had hoped :-(
10 Sep 2010 5:02PM
Huh, not much added since my entry on the 9th Sept. Looks like you now have nothing to grumble about. I did not mean it when I said, "take baby steps towards the happy land". Always look on the dark side of life - what if you get Tony Blair, or even Gordon Brown for a neighbour. Now that would be something to grumble about.
SandraKay e2
7 233 4 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2010 9:20PM
Royal mail!
Not very long ago we had two deliveries a day - one at 6.30 and another around 11 am. Now we're lucky if we get one delivery before 3pm. Also I used to post birthday cards to family in the north west in an afternoon and they'd arrive the next day. Now they take at least two days, if we're lucky.

Not the postman's fault 'cos he literally runs on his round rather than strolling like postmen used to do. And I'm not talking about 'back in the day' either but just a year or two ago.

So that's my moan of the evening.
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
10 Sep 2010 10:00PM
Every single ruddy day....

People who come into the Garage and think THEY are the ONLY Customer we have booked in for the ENTIRE day and that by telling me "I've got the Corsa booked in" I know I N S T A N T LY who they ruddy well are!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!

Thank you Ade. Smile
JamesGarfield 5 915 4 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2010 10:20PM
Spending 5 hours washing then buffing the car and then adding a coat of R222 wax only for it to rain today.
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2010 10:48PM
Being surrounded by grumpy people who think they know better...Wink
Tooth 9 5.8k 227 Ireland
11 Sep 2010 3:00AM
OK it's a bit late, sleepless and wired..

in the pub tonight stood at the top of the doors to the toilets and waited and held open the door for a woman (well sober) who had been talking to a friend of mine next to me earlier on. She walked through the open door as if I wasn't there and like it was an automatic one. As she passed me I said loudly "it's a pleasure" and she looked back offended as I finally got to walk down the stairs.

Noght all...

Smile
Graysta 9 1.1k England
11 Sep 2010 6:57AM

Quote:People who come into the Garage and think THEY are the ONLY Customer we have booked in for the ENTIRE day and that by telling me "I've got the Corsa booked in" I know I N S T A N T LY who they ruddy well are!!!

Yep you can have every ramp full, the yard full,and they still only think you have one car to fix because the others just live on the lifts keeping them warm for thiers to be fixed on.
Best one this week. customer asked if he could have his M.O.T done, the answer was well we have 8 booked for today so it might not be possible so it may be tommorow. (customer)well if i leave it do it when you can, (reply) O.K.
1 Hour later customer rings to ask how did it do.
And the one i love "cars in for M.O.T theres nothing wrong with it". WHY waste my time bringing it then if your so **** sure it'll pass, just wait for the failure sheet then ha. ha.

Like you Mike blood boils at the sight of some of em

Graham Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.