Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
javam
javam  91083 forum posts United Kingdom19 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2010 - 1:19 PM

Quote: How can a train go from being on time 1 minute before it is due to arrive to 15 minutes late 1 minute later
Well, if the train stops somewhere for 15 minutes between the 1 minute before and 1 minute after, then that is possible...Smile

Only if they have a flux capacitor fitted or the fabric of time has changed while I was not looking. Come to think of it that would explain why my computer says it is August, but it is clearly october outside. Did I miss something on the news?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Aug 2010 - 1:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2010 - 1:21 PM

Yeap, time adjusted, 2 months forward. Smile

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2010 - 1:32 PM

50mm (2 inches) of rain so far this week has stopped harvest. That's making me grumpy 'cos I'm having to talk to even grumpier farmers whose wheat has stated sprouting in the ear!

KathyW
KathyW  101793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2010 - 1:41 PM

Would that be the wheat they sold forward at 100 a tonne (subject to quality of course)? ... Best not to talk to the ones who are trying for a second cut of hay either...

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2010 - 1:59 PM

exactly Sad

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2010 - 7:57 PM

Having a new kitchen fitted...the appliances arrived but the warming draw ( Yes I know...a bit extravagant) didn't shut properly. So this morning the technician arrived to mend it, which he did, but also scratched the f@ck out of the black glass fascia. So now I have to wait in again for someone else to come and assess the damage.....

polis_928tadw59

Well my wife states that I am a right grumpy old bugga, and that I should cheer up, and get a bit fun into my life. Well I just have, reading all the above. I have not laughed so much in 10 years. What a sour lot. I would have thought that anyone with a camera, be it FILM or digital, and with at least 1 lens, AND a FILM to hand, or a memory card in the pocket,would be the happiest person on earth. Each week from now on, when I fail to win the national lottery jackpot, I am coming to this site to cheer myself up. Good grumblings to you all, and take "baby steps" towards the happy land.

china_rider
9 Sep 2010 - 3:54 PM

Finding out that less had changed here than I had hoped :-(

polis_928tadw59

Huh, not much added since my entry on the 9th Sept. Looks like you now have nothing to grumble about. I did not mean it when I said, "take baby steps towards the happy land". Always look on the dark side of life - what if you get Tony Blair, or even Gordon Brown for a neighbour. Now that would be something to grumble about.

SandraKay
SandraKay e2 Member 7233 forum postsSandraKay vcard United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2010 - 9:20 PM

Royal mail!
Not very long ago we had two deliveries a day - one at 6.30 and another around 11 am. Now we're lucky if we get one delivery before 3pm. Also I used to post birthday cards to family in the north west in an afternoon and they'd arrive the next day. Now they take at least two days, if we're lucky.

Not the postman's fault 'cos he literally runs on his round rather than strolling like postmen used to do. And I'm not talking about 'back in the day' either but just a year or two ago.

So that's my moan of the evening.

User_Removed
10 Sep 2010 - 10:00 PM

Every single ruddy day....

People who come into the Garage and think THEY are the ONLY Customer we have booked in for the ENTIRE day and that by telling me "I've got the Corsa booked in" I know I N S T A N T LY who they ruddy well are!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!

Thank you Ade. Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 10 Sep 2010 - 10:01 PM
JamesGarfield
10 Sep 2010 - 10:20 PM

Spending 5 hours washing then buffing the car and then adding a coat of R222 wax only for it to rain today.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72216 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2010 - 10:48 PM

Being surrounded by grumpy people who think they know better...Wink

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
11 Sep 2010 - 3:00 AM

OK it's a bit late, sleepless and wired..

in the pub tonight stood at the top of the doors to the toilets and waited and held open the door for a woman (well sober) who had been talking to a friend of mine next to me earlier on. She walked through the open door as if I wasn't there and like it was an automatic one. As she passed me I said loudly "it's a pleasure" and she looked back offended as I finally got to walk down the stairs.

Noght all...

Smile

Graysta
Graysta  91134 forum posts England
11 Sep 2010 - 6:57 AM

Quote: People who come into the Garage and think THEY are the ONLY Customer we have booked in for the ENTIRE day and that by telling me "I've got the Corsa booked in" I know I N S T A N T LY who they ruddy well are!!!

Yep you can have every ramp full, the yard full,and they still only think you have one car to fix because the others just live on the lifts keeping them warm for thiers to be fixed on.
Best one this week. customer asked if he could have his M.O.T done, the answer was well we have 8 booked for today so it might not be possible so it may be tommorow. (customer)well if i leave it do it when you can, (reply) O.K.
1 Hour later customer rings to ask how did it do.
And the one i love "cars in for M.O.T theres nothing wrong with it". WHY waste my time bringing it then if your so **** sure it'll pass, just wait for the failure sheet then ha. ha.

Like you Mike blood boils at the sight of some of em

Graham Sad

Last Modified By Graysta at 11 Sep 2010 - 6:58 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.