Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2717 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
23 Oct 2012 - 6:10 PM

Seems it's time to buy your Easter Eggs, Bren.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Oct 2012 - 6:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
23 Oct 2012 - 9:05 PM

A couple of years ago, our local Woolworths was actually selling them with their Christmas gear.

JawDborn
23 Oct 2012 - 9:19 PM

No wonder they went bust.

Jestertheclown
23 Oct 2012 - 9:40 PM

The shop looked as if it was going bust about a year before it actually did. There was hardly any stock, everywhere looked as if it hadn't been cleaned for ages and the staff, well, they'd have fitted in nicely in here!

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 11:45 PM

Quote: they'd have fitted in nicely in here!

is that a good or a bad thing?

JawDborn
24 Oct 2012 - 9:51 AM

Yes, definitelyGrin

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Oct 2012 - 5:45 PM

It's snowing here in the Scottish Borders.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84254 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
26 Oct 2012 - 6:21 PM

That's okay thanks, you can keep it!! Wink

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54208 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2012 - 11:22 AM

The wind is bitter today and blew a gale overnight. I was going to pop over to Kew Gardens before the leaves fell off the trees but I think I might be too late. Tut.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
27 Oct 2012 - 5:48 PM

A crisp, sunny morning here after a frosty night. An ideal opportunity to enjoy the late autumn sunshine and get some photos of the autumn leaves before they disappear. I decided to drive over to Loch Lomond, but not far into my journey the sky became covered with rather ominous-looking flat grey cloud, suggesting that rain was on the way. I debated changing course and heading back towards home, where the sky was still blue and the sun still shining, but I berated myself for taking the easy option. "If it's cloudy, you'll have softer, more neutral, less directional light to work with, plus the opportunity to combine the lovely scenery with some threatening-looking skies courtesy of an ND grad or two. Stay with the plan".

Two thirds of the distance to my destination, I came up to a short queue of cars, and beyond them several police cars and an ambulance. Some cars were turning back and looking for an alternate route. Shortly after I got there, the ambulance left, driving suspiciously slowly, and with no flashing lights or sirens. There had been what seemed like a fairly severe crash between a car and a motorcycle. I never saw the motorcycle or the rider, but the car was off the side of the road and was a mess. The lack of urgency from the ambulance might be because there were no serious injuries, but I feared the worst - perhaps a fatality. In my present state of mind, I tend to look on the dark side, so hopefully I was being unduly pessimistic.

I finally got to Loch Lomond, where it was bitterly cold, but there were a few thinner bits of cloud adding some interest to the sky, and painting the landscape with occasional hints of almost-sunlight. I walked to my first target scene and tried out a few compositions. I decided that an ND grad was a must because I was shooting towards where the sun would be, so there was a big difference in brightness between the foreground and the sky. That was when I found that I had inexplicably left my filter holder behind at home. Oh well, I'd just have to hand-hold the filter...but now some thicker cloud had come over and it just didn't look all that interesting anymore.

I headed up towards Rowardennan and got there just as it started to rain, albeit intermittently. The mountains to the north were beginning to be veiled in rain, leaching the colour out of the scene. By now, I'd lost the little sense of inspiration and purpose that I'd managed to scrape together that morning, and time was getting on. I decided to drive home. Total photos taken: 1, and I'll probably delete it.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54208 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2012 - 6:15 PM

Oh well, you weren't the poor sod(s) in the ambulance so things aren't so bad after all I guess.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
27 Oct 2012 - 6:16 PM

Agreed.

mikehit
mikehit  46163 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
31 Oct 2012 - 10:26 AM

One of my favourite places in the world has just burned to the ground (or rather to the water).
On our honeymoon we went watching grizzly bears at Knight Inlet, and stayed at a floating eco-lodge in a fjord north of Vancouver: it is so good we have been back twice since and loved it each time watching bears, eagles whales and dolphins. But we have just found out that at the end of last month a fire destroyed the whole lodge. Everyone got out safely which is a great to hear, but the company that runs it does so much to protect the bears and the environment we hope they can continue with that work while they get the lodge back up and running.

Metalhead
Metalhead  61864 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
31 Oct 2012 - 12:02 PM

Jeez, that is bad news about the lodge. Can't really compete with that but for today's grumpiness I want to know why people you've not seen or had any contact with for years suddenly add you as a friend on Facebook then still don't make any contact with you! I've had quite a few people I used to know from my college days add me recently, but they don't send a message, don't comment on any of my stuff, don't do anything really.

Why did they bother? What purpose did it serve to track me down and add me then do nothing else?

Unfortunately I do Facebook admin for my employer so I need to keep my Facebook up and running otherwise I'd just do away with it. Waste of time...

mikehit
mikehit  46163 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
31 Oct 2012 - 12:29 PM

Ikno what you mean about FB. I feel the same with LinkedIn - people I used to work with send an invite to link up, but get no reply from the acceptance, and even when I send a text message they don't bother replying.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.