Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315157 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Nov 2012 - 8:20 PM

Quote: You're probably better off without the drugs anyway Paul. Who knows what they do to you in the name of pain relief. Good to see you still posting as much as ever. Smile

I`m taking enough medication as it is Smile

I got a call from the hospital at 8pm tonight, asking how I was getting on, this would never have happened if I`d used an NHS hospital Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Nov 2012 - 8:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown

Quote: this would never have happened if I`d used an NHS hospital Smile

They wouldn't have asked 'how you were,' they'd have asked 'who you were.'

RogBrown
RogBrown  73001 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
5 Nov 2012 - 10:56 AM

Remote release for my Sony A300 packed up so I bought a new one only to find the camera is faulty not the release. Sad
It's in Classifieds if anyone wants it. (The release not the camera Smile)

Graham_Rainham

They tell you what you want is in aisle 24, but that's full of "Seasonal Products" Sad

JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2728 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
5 Nov 2012 - 7:08 PM

And so is aisle 23..and 25.. and..
Can't find a thing in the THREE months before Christmas.

Goggz
Goggz e2 Member 72301 forum postsGoggz vcard Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 12:13 AM

I'm grumpy because there are 204 pages of this... how the feck am I supposed to read them all...

and now I'm even grumpier as I realise that by posting I've actually joined the damn thing!

Last Modified By Goggz at 6 Nov 2012 - 12:14 AM
KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84270 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 7:29 AM

Welcome to the club! devilish-dark.jpg

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
6 Nov 2012 - 2:48 PM

Not so much a cause of grumpiness, but a source of mild irritation anyway...

The huge electronic information signs alongside/over major routes. These are very useful in their primary role, providing information about incidents, road closures, road works, severe weather, etc. Where they become a nuisance (in my opinion at least) is when there's nothing to report. Then, rather than simply display nothing, they are used to serve up "helpful" advice to drivers, such as "TIREDNESS KILLS TAKE A BREAK", "CHECK YOUR FUEL", etc. In the first place, I would hope (perhaps in vain) that most drivers can manage without being reminded to check their fuel, or whatever. Secondly, it seems to me that if you're ramming non-essential information into the faces of oncoming drivers, you're in danger of causing a distraction rather than providing a helpful service.

Some of the messages are susceptible to deliberate misunderstanding, of course. "CHECK YOUR FUEL" is one example. Check it for what? How? One which caused a wry smile the first time I saw it, is "CHECK MIRRORS FOR CYCLISTS". Perhaps I should have pulled over and dismantled the door mirrors, just in case a cyclist had become trapped inside? Wink

Last Modified By mdpontin at 6 Nov 2012 - 2:49 PM
oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3782 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Nov 2012 - 3:22 PM

Speaking of poor grammar, EPZ could do with the help of a proof-reader. See the latest review:

"Sony NEX-6 Mirrorless Camera Review - Daniel Bell gives his verdict on the Sony NEX-6, a new mirrorless camera targeted towards DSLR users with Wi-Fi built in."

How many DSLR users have Wi-Fi built in? Enquiring minds want to know.

Hazelmouse
6 Nov 2012 - 5:54 PM

'Signing' for a parcel delivery. Do those electronic pad & stylus things EVER work?

After two attempts the courier just rushed off.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
6 Nov 2012 - 6:18 PM

I can't see the point of those things, Helen. I've never been able to sign with a recognisable name, let alone a valid signature, and the couriers always say that it doesn't matter. That being so, they could deliver to anybody on the planet and get an "electronic signature" which apparently proves that they've delivered to you. Tongue

JJGEE
JJGEE  96283 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2012 - 11:01 PM

Lost my memory Sad

Have had an e-mail confirming my Christmas Booking.

I do not remember making one and certainly cannot recall contacting the sender of the e-mail, lady by the name of Georgina K. Pratt

or maybe I am the pratt for not opening the e-mail, might have been the best offer I have had all year ! !

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2012 - 6:38 AM

Quote:
How many DSLR users have Wi-Fi built in

I've got a "Wifey" attachment that is a very good communication device, does that count?

JJGEE
JJGEE  96283 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2012 - 8:30 AM

Quote: I've got a "Wifey..."

Very good Brian Smile

Perhaps I need one of those as well, do they come in with a Sony fitting ?

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2012 - 8:40 AM

Mine's got a " 'sony money" dongle Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.