Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

What's made you grumpy today?

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

12 Nov 2012 10:05AM

Quote:One which caused a wry smile the first time I saw it, is "CHECK MIRRORS FOR CYCLISTS". Perhaps I should have pulled over and dismantled the door mirrors, just in case a cyclist had become trapped inside? Wink

I wondered what that screeching sound was, when I pressed the button to fold the mirrors flat.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB e2
8 4.4k 163 England
12 Nov 2012 10:33AM
Being woken up by the telephone at 12.30am just to be told someone else's bullocks are out (we con't have any!). Sad Didn't sleep for the remainder of the night!!!

YES, I'M (censored) GROUCHY TODAY!!!!!
KarenFB e2
8 4.4k 163 England
12 Nov 2012 10:44AM
.............See, I'm tired - Don't, we don't have any! Tongue
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
12 Nov 2012 6:45PM
My Sisters Son started his chemo on Friday.

On the same day our son was admitted for test following the loss of feeling in his right arm, from the scan it appears he has a lump or growth on the spine in the neck region.
KarenFB e2
8 4.4k 163 England
12 Nov 2012 7:44PM
A very worrying time for you. I think hearing about things like this always puts one's own problems into perspective.

..............Best Wishes for you and your family!
15 Nov 2012 12:17PM
Hope all goes well Paul.
mohikan22 e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2012 2:50PM
todays grump..... the ROYAL MAIL!!!! didnt even bother to knock the door, i heard the clatter of the letter box, got up from the sofa, by the time i got to the door to see the dreaded red card... he was down the driveway, into his car and pulling away!!!!! Must of been in a real hurry the spanner!!!!
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
15 Nov 2012 3:01PM

Quote:Todays grump..... the ROYAL MAIL!!!! didnt even bother to knock the door, i heard the clatter of the letter box, got up from the sofa, by the time i got to the door to see the dreaded red card... he was down the driveway, into his car and pulling away!!!!! Must of been in a real hurry the spanner!!!!

I have been a victim of this type of thing, several times. It is guaranteed to make me grumpy!
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
15 Nov 2012 4:13PM

Quote:todays grump..... the ROYAL MAIL!!!! didnt even bother to knock the door, i heard the clatter of the letter box, got up from the sofa, by the time i got to the door to see the dreaded red card... he was down the driveway, into his car and pulling away!!!!! Must of been in a real hurry the spanner!!!!

Your lucky to see a Postman, ours only seems to come once a week as were a bit out in the sticks and then when he does turn up he only manages to break the letterbox where he's trying to stuff all the crap we don't want or need in.....

Ade
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2012 5:18PM
Unsolicited bloody callers!

I've had 5 "Open Line" calls this afternoon after I told some Indian Gentleman (called Tom!) it was none of his business what Washing Machine we had.

I've just been woken up from my afternoon nap to answer to door to tell some young man that we didn't want Anglian to come and give us advice on double glazing (don't they ever bother to look at the houses they visit - its all new DG!)

and our "Green Bin" is groaning under the weight of Junk Mail.

We've tried Mail Peference and the Telephone Preference systems to block all this but they are a total waste of my time as well.

Why can't the buggers just leave us alone - we don't want anything and if we did we would find it ourselves!
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2012 5:29PM

Quote:
and our "Green Bin" is groaning under the weight of Junk Mail.

And what's going to happen when councils start to charge for bin collections by weight? I vote for invoicing the mailing companies for disposing of the waste for them.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2012 5:35PM
Or we could just put them bac into the post boxes - now that appeals to me, I wonder why I never thought of it before- all that stuff that just comes addressed to "The Occupier" -

What say we agree to a campaign and all do it that would soon stop it!
JJGEE
10 6.4k 18 England
15 Nov 2012 5:48PM

Quote:And what's going to happen when councils start to charge for bin collections by weight?

Just pop up the road at 3 in the morning and dump it all in someone else's wheelie bin Wink
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
15 Nov 2012 7:35PM
Where I live cold callers have been banned, not that they were ever a problem for us.

The police are now trying to stop the amounts of junk mail.

They want us all to collect it up then pass it over to them.

The Post office delivers a good 90% of this junk mail Sad
RogBrown e2
8 3.0k 10 England
15 Nov 2012 8:37PM

Quote:The police are now trying to stop the amounts of junk mail.

Why are the police involved? It's not a crime. Don't you have muggers & burglars round your way for them to catch? Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.