Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110367 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
15 Nov 2012 - 8:44 PM

Quote: The Post office delivers a good 90% of this junk mail

Hence my suggestion we return it to them unopened via the post boxes

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Nov 2012 - 8:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315626 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Nov 2012 - 8:47 PM

Quote: Why are the police involved? It's not a crime. Don't you have muggers & burglars round your way for them to catch?

I have no idea why, guess part of it must be criminal if there involved.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315626 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Nov 2012 - 9:27 PM

You can stop the un-addressed mail delivered by the post office by contacting the PO here.

email optout@royalmail.com

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
15 Nov 2012 - 10:08 PM

Quote: Hence my suggestion we return it to them unopened via the post boxes

Tis a good idea, that. Of course when it comes down to it, and it's a horrible wet day, it's easier to just put them in the bin than to trek to the post box. Maybe collect them up until you've got a decent batch first...?

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
15 Nov 2012 - 10:11 PM

Quote: Todays grump..... the ROYAL MAIL!!!! didnt even bother to knock the door, i heard the clatter of the letter box, got up from the sofa, by the time i got to the door to see the dreaded red card... he was down the driveway, into his car and pulling away!!!!! Must of been in a real hurry the spanner!!!!

Yes, we get that too, sometimes. That and the really "smart" idea of dumping a parcel on the doormat, ringing the bell, and immediately walking away. They've no idea whether anybody is in or not, so they're really just inviting any passers-by to help themselves.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110367 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
15 Nov 2012 - 10:36 PM

Quote: Maybe collect them up until you've got a decent batch first

that was my plan

Jestertheclown
15 Nov 2012 - 10:50 PM

Quote: that was my plan

You could really go to town and gather up all of your neighbours/friends/family's junk as well.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 15 Nov 2012 - 10:50 PM
Paul Morgan
16 Nov 2012 - 2:09 AM

I went through a spell of handing back surplus packaging at the super market checkout, they hated my visits Smile

Cereal boxes, you get a box and the cereal in a packet, the box was not needed so I`d hand it back at the checkout, the same went for anything else double packed, sardines are a good one, they come in a tin so why stick them in a box as well.

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2012 - 9:28 AM

Quote: I went through a spell of handing back surplus packaging at the super market checkout, they hated my visits

In Germany and Swizerland (probably other countries as well) supermarkets are legally obliged to provide an area where customers can deposit excess packaging before they leave the store. It is then the store's responsibility to get rid of it. An excellent idea, imo.

ARIANA1985
16 Nov 2012 - 1:14 PM

what mde me grumpy today.... fact that my "smart" other half reversed car into a bollard -then tried to move away and hit a car...very clever!

mohikan22
mohikan22  102188 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2012 - 1:45 PM

^^whoops/////

cuffit
cuffit  7180 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2012 - 2:58 PM

Just read the thread on unwanted mail and unsolicited phone calls. A friend of mine who was grumpy but a cunning sense of humor kept all the the 'reply envelopes' and stuffed them with other companies junk mail and sent them off; it made him laugh every time as he matched the junk to a company; particularly double galzing to another double glazing company; let them bin it and pay as well.

The phone preference we have keeps most away except the auto diallers, my friend used to wait for the intro sales pitch and then answer in a brilliant 6-year old voice 'Hello Mr/Mrs' which always drew 'is your daddy or mummy there?' to which he would say yes and offer to get them. The phone was then put down and he would pick it up again after 5 minutes and say 'hello' to start the process all over again until they gave up. I tend not to try and emulate him now as to answer an unsolicited call almost invites more; however, asking them how they got your number is a good opener as most people are ex-directory these days, fat lot of good it does us.

Paul, all the best to your sister and son, worrying times I am sure. Arana1985 - the onset of extreme grumpiness but you will have the moral high ground for ages on the back of this!!

Chris

Paul Morgan
16 Nov 2012 - 7:17 PM

Quote: Paul, all the best to your sister and son, worrying times I am sure

Thanks, yes a little stressful.

Graham_Rainham
17 Nov 2012 - 11:51 PM

Supermarkets that move things to a different aisle and put the price up...

I suspect the thinking is that if you are prepared to find it you will pay the extra.

KNS
KNS  5106 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
18 Nov 2012 - 11:48 AM

Mis-information in forum posts - some of it is quite ridiculous....and potentially costly to readers.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.