Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
mohikan22
mohikan22  102187 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2012 - 10:24 AM

one of those days...Well i got the lesson planned Grin took a load of test shots with different settings, lodged it in the ol brain cell..... looked on the pc,,, nice,looking good in adobe bridge.. double click one of the shots,, BAM! deleted.... ALL images from the tests were gone!!!! not deleted.. GONE . the previous days kids in the woods are still there... erm.... out with the card, into the camera... GONE!! lol. wow did it turn blue in my office lol! so binned the card, new one ordered. try again today !

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Nov 2012 - 10:24 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
mikehit  46191 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2012 - 11:19 AM

have you tried one of the recovery programmes?

mohikan22
20 Nov 2012 - 11:50 AM

Yes Mike i tried 4 seperate ones, they just vanished....BUT this was my magic card that went through the washing machine some time ago.. its done well lol. clearly its reached the end...

CDSINUK
CDSINUK  2223 forum posts England
20 Nov 2012 - 10:32 PM

finding out my camera is kaput!!!! its like losing an apendage Sad

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84257 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
21 Nov 2012 - 8:04 AM

Quote: Yes Mike i tried 4 seperate ones, they just vanished....BUT this was my magic card that went through the washing machine some time ago.. its done well lol. clearly its reached the end...

Mmmm. Time to be Bold and Surf the internet for a new one!

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

mohikan22
21 Nov 2012 - 8:12 AM

Already done Grin should be here today :@D [nice pun btw]

JJGEE
JJGEE  96233 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2012 - 5:29 PM

A couple of connections ( U bend etc. ) from the kitchen sink have had intermittent leaks for a few weeks so today decided to have a more detailed look and fix it.

No chance Sad

Tightened them up as some had come loose, no luck.
Dismantled everything, re-assembled ensuring all the connections were fitting " square" / tightened

Still no luck and leaking even worse now Sad

Will have another go later this evening but come next week time to call in a plumber, probably at a cost of around 60 + per hour ? Sad Sad

Last Modified By JJGEE at 23 Nov 2012 - 5:31 PM
JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53544 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2012 - 5:51 PM

Quote: A couple of connections ( U bend etc. ) from the kitchen sink have had intermittent leaks for a few weeks so today decided to have a more detailed look and fix it.

No chance Sad

Tightened them up as some had come loose, no luck.
Dismantled everything, re-assembled ensuring all the connections were fitting " square" / tightened

Still no luck and leaking even worse now Sad

Will have another go later this evening but come next week time to call in a plumber, probably at a cost of around 60 + per hour ? Sad Sad

if its leaking from the joints you tightened then its got to be nothing more than a poor seal or a washer not in the right place, undo again and use petroleum jelly in the threads and around the washers. PTFE sealing compounds are better if you have them as they don't melt with hot water. Of course the leak may be above it elsewhere Sad

Last Modified By JackAllTog at 23 Nov 2012 - 5:52 PM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96233 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2012 - 5:54 PM

Thanks Stuart..... I suppose that advice has just cost me 100 Wink

Jestertheclown
23 Nov 2012 - 6:33 PM

Quote: I suppose that advice has just cost me 100 Wink

. . . I can repeat it for only 75.00.

Seriously, Stuart's right.
You ought to be able to get some PTFE sealing gear from B&Q or somewhere similar for a lot less than it will cost you to employ a plumber, who'll use the same stuff.
I used to have a roll of PTFE tape which I was gifted by a telephone engineer. You just wrapped a piece around the male part of the thread and did the joint up.
It worked a treat.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 23 Nov 2012 - 6:34 PM
answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012553 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2012 - 10:56 PM

some things you really need a professional for, honestly its more cost effective in the long run.

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 23 Nov 2012 - 10:58 PM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014062 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2012 - 10:59 PM

Quote: some things you really need a professional for,

Funny that was what my first girlfriend said to me.....

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314973 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Nov 2012 - 1:41 AM

Reading that there is going to be more flooding over the weekend.

Its been bad enough this week trying to get to the hospital to spend some time with my son.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
24 Nov 2012 - 4:51 AM

waking up at 4.00 yet again with aching joints. Its only the 2nd time I've had the flu jab in 5 years and both times its left me with constant connective tissue pain - yet the Quack's say it can't be the flu vaccine that causes it!

Newdevonian
24 Nov 2012 - 1:43 PM

Quote: Will have another go later this evening but come next week time to call in a plumber, probably at a cost of around 60 + per hour ? Sad Sad
if its leaking from the joints you tightened then its got to be nothing more than a poor seal or a washer not in the right place, undo again and use petroleum jelly in the threads and around the washers. PTFE sealing compounds are better if you have them as they don't melt with hot water. Of course the leak may be above it elsewhere Sad

Seals generally come in two types. 1. a square section ring, and 2. a triangular section compression ring. These you can only buy with their accompanying 40mm white pipework. Leaks are usually caused by these becoming distorted when overtightened. If you are unable to replace the pipework (not prohibitively expensive), take the seals (remember their original placement), place them in boiling water, where they should revert to their original shape. If they are broken - move house or buy new pipes!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.