Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
polis_928tadw59

Stephen 'bloody' Fry. Like the plague, he's everywhere.Sad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Feb 2013 - 1:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45758 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
15 Feb 2013 - 1:44 PM

Heathrow Airport trying to do log onto the work email.....

You would have thought that the with the might of Europe's premier airport and the power of British Telecom they could put together a WiFi network that actually worked. And maybe have a free wifi that you get in highstreet shops.

LVanDhal
LVanDhal  1126 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Feb 2013 - 2:22 PM

Quote: Heathrow Airport trying to do log onto the work email.....

You would have thought that the with the might of Europe's premier airport and the power of British Telecom they could put together a WiFi network that actually worked. And maybe have a free wifi that you get in highstreet shops.

Mike on monday heathrow couldn't even keep the phone lines to any dept working, I was calling frantically as a friend was "Detained" by Uk Boarders Agency at arrivals, and the person waiting for them wound up having a 9 hour wait for them to "Decide".
All the lines were cutting off only after I had navigated the phone line maze.

polis_928tadw59

LVanDhal, My sympathy to you and your friend (who was detained). Did he not think of entering the UK as an asylum seeker/EU immigrant looking for work/or even a ploy which would have guaranteed instant entry - he should have bought a Tony (Liar) Blair plastic mask.TongueWink

LVanDhal
LVanDhal  1126 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Feb 2013 - 9:23 PM

Quote: LVanDhal, My sympathy to you and your friend (who was detained). Did he not think of entering the UK as an asylum seeker/EU immigrant looking for work/or even a ploy which would have guaranteed instant entry - he should have bought a Tony (Liar) Blair plastic mask.TongueWink

I was told ( eventually) it was due to a need to confirm that my friend was not here for Health tourism, as they had previously suffered from a health condition which was now much improved.
Being generous I think the problem might have occurred due to the Boarders Agency staff member with a very heavy non English accent, trying to understand medical terms, and the long term prognosis.

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  31118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2013 - 8:21 PM

I suspect it's just me being a hard-to-please, middle-aged grump but there seems to be bu**ger all on the TV at the moment. I've been though the listings for the next week and, apart from the News and any Westerns that may be on, the next programmes I want to watch are not on until next Sunday (Top Gear (which is going downhill pretty rapidly) and Person of Interest (I know it's trash but I quite like it)).

It pi**es me off because I have just forked out for a new TV and I can't find anything worth watching on it.

What hidden gems have I missed?

4orty7even
18 Feb 2013 - 9:25 PM

The only channel worth watching is Film 4.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96097 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2013 - 7:59 AM

My external hard drive has suddenly stopped mounting when I plug it in, even though my computer can see it as a volume Sad

Apparently this appears to be a common occurrence with Western Digital drives ! !

Last Modified By JJGEE at 19 Feb 2013 - 8:02 AM
polis_928tadw59

Ewanneil, Likewise me. As I have mentioned in here before [and with great grumpiness] the wife commandeers the TV for Neighbours; Emmerdale; East Enders; Coronation Street; Come Dine With Me, etc., etc., and any other bl**dy dross she can watch.

HOWEVER, THERE IS ONE PROGRAMME WHICH WILL CHEER YOU UP. "CHEERS." and that pun was not intended whilst tapping out the keys. It is in ITV 4 on an afternoon about 1.45pm and also round about 7pm. I never saw the series, ever, when it was broadcast in the 1980's and have only recently got into it. It is absolutely brilliant. (To highbrow for the wife - she does not even like Tommy Cooper; or Morecambe and Wise.Sad)

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  31118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2013 - 3:40 PM

Quote: HOWEVER, THERE IS ONE PROGRAMME WHICH WILL CHEER YOU UP. "CHEERS."

I agree, it is brilliant and it does always cheer me up. So brilliant in fact that because there has been so little worth watching recently I have the boxed sets of Series 1-5 on permanent standby for when the grumpiness really gets the better of me. A couple of episodes is usually enough to restore normality.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2013 - 3:56 PM

Tried on over 20 pairs of jeans today, and it's the most wearing and boring thing ever to shop for (apart from mobile phones that is, and mens' clothes). It makes me so cross that sizes can be any old random fit these days (and I'm only a 10/12). Still, I found one pair that fitted properly which is a success I suppose. I'm now totally dehydrated so I hope we've got some T-bags in.
x

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45758 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2013 - 4:59 PM

That wouldn't be trying on 20 pairs of jeans then going back to the first shop to buy the ones you tried on first, would it? Tongue

I hope you enjoyed your tea.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2013 - 5:05 PM

Gawd no. I'd give up. Now all I've got to do is try on at home the 15 pairs I've already got and see which ones don't fit any more and chuck them out. Sad That'll be for another day though. Tea was luvly thanks. Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214381 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2013 - 5:25 PM

Got a late visit from the Police last night Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214381 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2013 - 6:07 PM

Quote: Tried on over 20 pairs of jeans today, and it's the most wearing and boring thing ever to shop for

Start buying combat wear, it only comes in three or four sizes Smile Smile

Daughter wanted a fashion jacket that had military styling and it was going for about 90 quid in a high street fashion outlet.

I found something almost identical but it was the real deal, an Italian field jacket, cost me a fiver, near bottom of page.

http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index.php?_a=category&cat_id=19

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.