Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What's made you grumpy today?

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

1 Mar 2013 12:57PM
Damned air bag warning light has come on on my Volvo V40 and will not go out. I believe it is now part of the MOT, and classed as a fault which will stop it passing the test. It looks as though one of several minor things can trigger the light. Looks like another costly trip to the Volvo dealer. My old Volvo 850 just ran and ran and ran with practically no problems between services and test.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

RogBrown 7 3.0k 10 England
1 Mar 2013 3:33PM
I read recently about a simple fix for this. Can't remember where or even if it was for Volvos but worth a Google I'd say.
Try Honest John on the Telegraph website.
1 Mar 2013 7:41PM
Thanks RogBrown for that snippet. I will give it a look at. Used to get the Telegraph until their subscription rates started to rise exorbitantly. I suppose I can look at Honest John's site for nothing.Grin

By the way, just starting to get back in EPZ regularly, and from your avatar you have not aged a bit since I last saw it - you don't look a day over 92 !!!Wink
RogBrown 7 3.0k 10 England
1 Mar 2013 7:49PM
Cheeky git! TongueTongue
RichardN00 8 430 1 United Kingdom
1 Mar 2013 7:49PM

Quote:Am being stalked again. I've been searching on line and looking at Kindles and now I keep getting ads on here with links to Kindles.(

One of my pet peeves as wellSad

Almost certainly this is down to information stored in cookies, you could try zapping cookies in your browser but you may lose log on credentials and settings for some sitesSad

Alternatively the cookies will probably expire in a couple of days
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
1 Mar 2013 8:48PM

Quote:Think I'll search out strap-on willies next - at least that'll be a bit of fun

But not for you other half Smile
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
1 Mar 2013 9:38PM
Is that top or bottom half?
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
1 Mar 2013 10:07PM

Quote:Think I'll search out strap-on willies next - at least that'll be a bit of fun

But not for you other half Smile

Oooh, I don't know. WinkWinkWink
3 Mar 2013 7:31PM
Strap-on willies; pink wellies and tartan suspenders. Some people have all the luck.TongueWinkBlush
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
3 Mar 2013 8:29PM
Just discovered that on my external hard drive with all my raw files has for the years 2009, 2010, 2011 numbering I think around 4,000 have Sad Sad Sad

been duplicated ! !

So 4,000 times 37MB for each file is quite a lot of space ! !

And my back-up disk has the duplicates as well

I have no idea how I managed to duplicate them but I suppose it is better to have duplicates than none at all Wink

What I think I will do is copy everything onto another hard drive then after making sure the copying worked go back and delete all the duplicates.

Ah well keep me out of mischief for a few nights ! !
Tooth 9 5.8k 227 Ireland
3 Mar 2013 11:40PM

Quote:Quote: Am being stalked again. I've been searching on line and looking at Kindles and now I keep getting ads on here with links to Kindles.

next time you open up EPZ, keep a close eye on the loading box bottom left of screen (where it tells you what files are loading). I seem to remember it used to say "waiting for ePhotozine.com then "connecting to" etc. Now it takes a rather circuitous and tortuous route through several other sites...
Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
4 Mar 2013 8:14AM

Quote:Quote: Am being stalked again. I've been searching on line and looking at Kindles and now I keep getting ads on here with links to Kindles.

The other thing you can do is look at the offending advert. If it has a small triangle in the top right hand corner then click there and you will be taken to Google's AdSense Help page. There you can configure what ad's you see or even opt out of seeing them altogether.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
4 Mar 2013 9:02AM
Thanks Ewan. I discovered that just yesterday. I'd never heard of AdSense or AdChoice before and have clicked the button that doesn't show or track my stuff. But it still doesn't stop it altogether.

And Tooth, for some reason lately a McAfee bar seems to have embedded itself at the bottom of the page when I open EPZ or anything and I have to click on the cross to close it. I never told McAfee to do this and it just appeared and now I don't seem to have the option to stop it. As you say, everything is taking longer and longer.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
5 Mar 2013 3:05PM
Tried to buy my new Panasonic 35-100 f2.8 using my credit card and had it declined. Luckily I had the funds in my debit account so completed the transaction.

Got home and got put through to the Fraud Team to find that some bugger had tried to spend over 4k using my credit card details. Luckily my limit is significantly less so the transaction was blocked (it looks like they made a small purchase first to test the details then went for the biggie)

So, the bad news, my card is void and I have to await delivery of a new one Sad

the good news, they didn't get my money Smile

the even better news, I've now got my panny 35-100 f2.8 - yeah! Grin
kathrynlouise 3 421 1 United Kingdom
6 Mar 2013 12:38AM
I'm moving nearer to work in a couple of weeks and as my rent is more money moving from working days at tesco to nights at tesco, have a feeling i may be more than grumpy til i get my sleep sorted Blush
Big plus is i'll be a 10 minute walk to the zoo GrinGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.