Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
polis_928tadw59

Damned air bag warning light has come on on my Volvo V40 and will not go out. I believe it is now part of the MOT, and classed as a fault which will stop it passing the test. It looks as though one of several minor things can trigger the light. Looks like another costly trip to the Volvo dealer. My old Volvo 850 just ran and ran and ran with practically no problems between services and test.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Mar 2013 - 12:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

RogBrown
RogBrown e2 Member 72987 forum postsRogBrown vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2013 - 3:33 PM

I read recently about a simple fix for this. Can't remember where or even if it was for Volvos but worth a Google I'd say.
Try Honest John on the Telegraph website.

polis_928tadw59

Thanks RogBrown for that snippet. I will give it a look at. Used to get the Telegraph until their subscription rates started to rise exorbitantly. I suppose I can look at Honest John's site for nothing.Grin

By the way, just starting to get back in EPZ regularly, and from your avatar you have not aged a bit since I last saw it - you don't look a day over 92 !!!Wink

RogBrown
RogBrown e2 Member 72987 forum postsRogBrown vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2013 - 7:49 PM

Cheeky git! TongueTongue

RichardN00
RichardN00 e2 Member 7393 forum postsRichardN00 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2013 - 7:49 PM

Quote: Am being stalked again. I've been searching on line and looking at Kindles and now I keep getting ads on here with links to Kindles.(

One of my pet peeves as wellSad

Almost certainly this is down to information stored in cookies, you could try zapping cookies in your browser but you may lose log on credentials and settings for some sitesSad

Alternatively the cookies will probably expire in a couple of days

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214381 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2013 - 8:48 PM

Quote: Think I'll search out strap-on willies next - at least that'll be a bit of fun

But not for you other half Smile

keithh
keithh  1022556 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2013 - 9:38 PM

Is that top or bottom half?

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2013 - 10:07 PM

Quote: Think I'll search out strap-on willies next - at least that'll be a bit of fun

But not for you other half Smile

Oooh, I don't know. WinkWinkWink

polis_928tadw59

Strap-on willies; pink wellies and tartan suspenders. Some people have all the luck.TongueWinkBlush

Last Modified By polis_928tadw59 at 3 Mar 2013 - 7:32 PM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96097 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2013 - 8:29 PM

Just discovered that on my external hard drive with all my raw files has for the years 2009, 2010, 2011 numbering I think around 4,000 have Sad Sad Sad

been duplicated ! !

So 4,000 times 37MB for each file is quite a lot of space ! !

And my back-up disk has the duplicates as well

I have no idea how I managed to duplicate them but I suppose it is better to have duplicates than none at all Wink

What I think I will do is copy everything onto another hard drive then after making sure the copying worked go back and delete all the duplicates.

Ah well keep me out of mischief for a few nights ! !

Last Modified By JJGEE at 3 Mar 2013 - 8:30 PM
Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2013 - 11:40 PM

Quote: Quote: Am being stalked again. I've been searching on line and looking at Kindles and now I keep getting ads on here with links to Kindles.

next time you open up EPZ, keep a close eye on the loading box bottom left of screen (where it tells you what files are loading). I seem to remember it used to say "waiting for ePhotozine.com then "connecting to" etc. Now it takes a rather circuitous and tortuous route through several other sites...

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  31118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
4 Mar 2013 - 8:14 AM

Quote: Quote: Am being stalked again. I've been searching on line and looking at Kindles and now I keep getting ads on here with links to Kindles.

The other thing you can do is look at the offending advert. If it has a small triangle in the top right hand corner then click there and you will be taken to Google's AdSense Help page. There you can configure what ad's you see or even opt out of seeing them altogether.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
4 Mar 2013 - 9:02 AM

Thanks Ewan. I discovered that just yesterday. I'd never heard of AdSense or AdChoice before and have clicked the button that doesn't show or track my stuff. But it still doesn't stop it altogether.

And Tooth, for some reason lately a McAfee bar seems to have embedded itself at the bottom of the page when I open EPZ or anything and I have to click on the cross to close it. I never told McAfee to do this and it just appeared and now I don't seem to have the option to stop it. As you say, everything is taking longer and longer.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 4 Mar 2013 - 9:03 AM
brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109963 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2013 - 3:05 PM

Tried to buy my new Panasonic 35-100 f2.8 using my credit card and had it declined. Luckily I had the funds in my debit account so completed the transaction.

Got home and got put through to the Fraud Team to find that some bugger had tried to spend over £4k using my credit card details. Luckily my limit is significantly less so the transaction was blocked (it looks like they made a small purchase first to test the details then went for the biggie)

So, the bad news, my card is void and I have to await delivery of a new one Sad

the good news, they didn't get my money Smile

the even better news, I've now got my panny 35-100 f2.8 - yeah! Grin

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2013 - 12:38 AM

I'm moving nearer to work in a couple of weeks and as my rent is more money moving from working days at tesco to nights at tesco, have a feeling i may be more than grumpy til i get my sleep sorted Blush
Big plus is i'll be a 10 minute walk to the zoo GrinGrin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.