Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
polis_928tadw59

Looks like we are both in the same boat, Carabosse, although you would be able to get to the Cayman Islands in it, I would not be able to travel to Switzerland by boat.Tongue I wonder if SlowSong would send us her loose change.Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

polis_928tadw59

How, Ee, Mrs. Slowsong, I have just been looking at the Why Is It thingy, and your post of 10th April, 2013, at 4.54pm (1654 hrs) and your link re me. I do not know whether you are praising me, or having a right go. [Went to see a solicitor this pm re your post and suing. Advice cost £670-93p + VAT. His recommendation, " You are up against a woman. Forget about it, they always win."Tongue
And, by the way, what are you doing [or Why Is It Grin]you are posting rubbish on EPZ at that time in the afternoon, when you should be :
1. Working. or
2. Doing housework. or
3. Seeking kids from school. or
4. Cooking a nice meal for your beloved coming home from a hard day's work. or,
5. You have so much spare time that you think, 'Let me go onto EPZ and wind up some stupid Geordie.'TongueGrinWinkTongue

whatriveristhis
whatriveristhis e2 Member 163 forum postswhatriveristhis vcard England70 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2013 - 7:26 AM

Quote: Not really grumpy, but exasperated by receiving tons of small change when using one of those Do-it-yourself checkout machines. I've just got another purseful to put in the penny jar. If they weren't so heavy I'd take the coins out to re-use, but lots of machines won't take small coinage so looks like the good old manned checkout is the way to go.

For heaven's sake, Chris, can't you use a debit card instead? End of problem.

whatriveristhis
whatriveristhis e2 Member 163 forum postswhatriveristhis vcard England70 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2013 - 7:34 AM

I get a bit fed up and bored with people on this site who seem more interested in social networking than photography. Why aren't they on Facebook/Myspace/Twitter/Nutter/Loser/Shitter/whatever......

.......but then, they probably are......as well.

Sad

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43608 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2013 - 7:59 AM

Quote: Why aren't they on Facebook/Myspace/Twitter/Nutter/Loser/Shitter/whatever......

.......but then, they probably are......as well.

Sad

Nope, don't do Fęcesbook or Twatter or any other unsocial networking site.

widtink
widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2013 - 8:12 AM

Very subtle saltireblue GrinGrin Alan are you grumpin aboot the grumpy group GrinGrinGrin You've got style Tongue

Skeet1Away
10 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

Well, if its not bad enough I can't use my camera, because of an accident, I have been stuck in the house for almost 4 weeks, and finally when the doctors say I can go out for a few hours now I have to stay in because an item my wife ordered was broken when it arrived and will need to stay in all day today waiting on a replacement.......not good.

Paul.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63279 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

Quote: an item my wife ordered was broken when it arrived and will need to stay in all day today waiting on a replacement.

Unless it's an animated item it's most likely to stay in all day. Wink. (Unless you put it outside of course.)

whatriveristhis
10 May 2013 - 1:08 PM

Quote: Alan are you grumpin aboot the grumpy group GrinGrinGrin You've got style Tongue

you really need to ask???

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84254 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
15 May 2013 - 9:28 AM

I ordered a camera the other day, paid extra to get it delivered quickly.

It was supposed to be delivered by a company called DPD (never heard of them!). I was expecting it yesterday, their e-mail was very specific "delivered between 13.53 - 14.53" (really?) - needless to say, it didn't turn up.

So I went on line and 'tracked' it. According to that, they tried to deliver it, but couldn't find us!! What a lame excuse in this day and age. Anyway, according to another e-mail this morning it will be delivered today "between 14.34 and 15.34".

Most companies say AM or PM - what makes this company so good they can narrow it down to precise minutes!!

We'll see.

polis_928tadw59
22 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

DPD seem to operate a lot in my area. Have had deliveries through them 2-3 times, and they seem very reliable.
However, Karen, yours is a minor female grump.Wink

How about this one : Row, argument with my missus last Friday. Self down in the dumps all Saturday, (full of self pity, of course) Sunday evening decided to go back on line and check my ebay watch list. Contax slr (either 137 0r 139) with 2 Contax lenses, one the Contax 80-200 mm lens, went for £69.00.

It's a good job I cannot remember where I left the axe.SadGrinWink

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84254 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
22 May 2013 - 5:19 PM

Actually, the following day it came (almost to the minute), once he'd phoned and asked directions (he only received my phone number that morning), but I couldn't come on and say because it wasn't a grump any more.

As for your grump........................okay, you win!! Sad

polis_928tadw59

As for your grump........................okay, you win!!

What do you mean, I win ? The lens is worth about £200-300. I am still feeling grumpy. In fact, I will never get over it.SadTongue

KarenFB
22 May 2013 - 6:28 PM

Quote: What do you mean, I win ?

I didn't mean anything nasty, I just meant your grump is worse then mine, i.e. you were entitled to grump!!

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54207 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
23 May 2013 - 8:36 AM

I saw this chap when I was walking around Tate Britain last week. He reminded me of someone. Any guesses. WinkGrin

img-0147-resized.jpg

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.