Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What's made you grumpy today?

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

8 Jul 2013 5:44PM
The heat is making me absolutely grumpy. Nearly as bad as when I was seconded to Memphis City pollises Dept.GrinTongue But you lot down south must be enjoying it. Garden parties at No.10. etc.. But the last 4 posts have made me smile, where do these cretins pick up these supposedly new words?Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

15 Jul 2013 1:18PM
Very low water pressure at our house. Technician here on Friday, and said a team would be here today, Monday, to have a look at our outside stopcock. Still waiting for them to arrive. Then I find that two other neighbours are experiencing the same thing, and have done nothing about it. A third neighbour had brown water coming out of her tap last week. Looks like major problems for them, rather than me having to dig into my pocket.
graceland 10 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
15 Jul 2013 5:14PM
the heat its too hot Sad
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
15 Jul 2013 5:45PM
Car Insurance Company Sad
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
15 Jul 2013 10:58PM
Hideous weather. Oh for some rain.
16 Jul 2013 12:57PM
Go to Eskdalemuir - temp there, yesterday, 43F. Yes the heat is getting overwhelming, and the damned water board lot have still not put in an appearance.
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
16 Jul 2013 2:58PM
Maybe they've evaporated in the heat.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
16 Jul 2013 4:14PM
Everything the builders do seems to throw up other problems. It's not their fault, it's just an old house that's in need of lots of repairs. Now it seems it might be a good idea to have the gas pipes replaced. That'd be another longish job and hold everything up for a week or so, so I'm getting more and more fed up with all this and it's only day two. It would be nice of the OH was around to deal with all this stuff. And it's hot. SadSadSad
KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
16 Jul 2013 4:30PM
Yep, that sounds right!

My daughter and her boyfriend bought a flat, a little on the 'tatty' side. First job was to put in double glazing - it's okay, hubby is a builder he offerred to do all the work for them. I was going to help too. He pulled the old window out of the porch area and found the whole porch was rotting!!! We had to totally demolish it and rebuild it in a day!!! (it didn't help that it's an upstairs flat and the area under the porch is the bin store!!) We also had to totally rebuild all the floors and see to the roof!!

It's amazing what a little paint and wallpaper can hide!! Grin
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
16 Jul 2013 5:43PM
Thanks Karen. I might be stressed out at the moment but at least you've given me a laugh. Grin
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
17 Jul 2013 6:28PM
Is it in the Rule Book that builders know better than anyone else how to do their job? Our carpenter and brickie caused quite a bit of faffing around yesterday re the gas pipes, totally unnecessarily, then he seemed to know better than the gas fire fitter how to go about preparing things, got it wrong and had to undo some of his work after I pointed it out to him. Grrrrrrr.............
And they squashed all my shamrocks under rubble. SadSadSad At least they've finished their bit now.
17 Jul 2013 8:31PM
No Chris, you've got the 'Rule' slightly wrong.................

Quote:builders know better than anyone else
Full Stop!!!! Wink

If I said grass was green hubby would tell me it's a yellowy-blue colour!! Grin
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
17 Jul 2013 8:46PM
GrinGrinGrin That goes for husbands too. Grin
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
17 Jul 2013 8:49PM

Quote:That goes for husbands too.

I know my place and am fully aware of just who wears the trousers in my household.......But I always get the last word!.........YES DEAR! Blush
17 Jul 2013 8:59PM
Lol!! Should think so too Ade!! Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.