Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
polis_928tadw59

The heat is making me absolutely grumpy. Nearly as bad as when I was seconded to Memphis City pollises Dept.GrinTongue But you lot down south must be enjoying it. Garden parties at No.10. etc.. But the last 4 posts have made me smile, where do these cretins pick up these supposedly new words?Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Jul 2013 - 5:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

polis_928tadw59

Very low water pressure at our house. Technician here on Friday, and said a team would be here today, Monday, to have a look at our outside stopcock. Still waiting for them to arrive. Then I find that two other neighbours are experiencing the same thing, and have done nothing about it. A third neighbour had brown water coming out of her tap last week. Looks like major problems for them, rather than me having to dig into my pocket.

graceland
graceland  92363 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2013 - 5:14 PM

the heat its too hot Sad

JJGEE
JJGEE  96098 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2013 - 5:45 PM

Car Insurance Company Sad

spaceman
spaceman  105159 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2013 - 10:58 PM

Hideous weather. Oh for some rain.

polis_928tadw59
16 Jul 2013 - 12:57 PM

Go to Eskdalemuir - temp there, yesterday, 43F. Yes the heat is getting overwhelming, and the damned water board lot have still not put in an appearance.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63201 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 2:58 PM

Maybe they've evaporated in the heat.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 4:14 PM

Everything the builders do seems to throw up other problems. It's not their fault, it's just an old house that's in need of lots of repairs. Now it seems it might be a good idea to have the gas pipes replaced. That'd be another longish job and hold everything up for a week or so, so I'm getting more and more fed up with all this and it's only day two. It would be nice of the OH was around to deal with all this stuff. And it's hot. SadSadSad

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 74167 forum postsKarenFB vcard England160 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 4:30 PM

Yep, that sounds right!

My daughter and her boyfriend bought a flat, a little on the 'tatty' side. First job was to put in double glazing - it's okay, hubby is a builder he offerred to do all the work for them. I was going to help too. He pulled the old window out of the porch area and found the whole porch was rotting!!! We had to totally demolish it and rebuild it in a day!!! (it didn't help that it's an upstairs flat and the area under the porch is the bin store!!) We also had to totally rebuild all the floors and see to the roof!!

It's amazing what a little paint and wallpaper can hide!! Grin

Last Modified By KarenFB at 16 Jul 2013 - 4:30 PM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 5:43 PM

Thanks Karen. I might be stressed out at the moment but at least you've given me a laugh. Grin

SlowSong
17 Jul 2013 - 6:28 PM

Is it in the Rule Book that builders know better than anyone else how to do their job? Our carpenter and brickie caused quite a bit of faffing around yesterday re the gas pipes, totally unnecessarily, then he seemed to know better than the gas fire fitter how to go about preparing things, got it wrong and had to undo some of his work after I pointed it out to him. Grrrrrrr.............
And they squashed all my shamrocks under rubble. SadSadSad At least they've finished their bit now.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 74167 forum postsKarenFB vcard England160 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2013 - 8:31 PM

No Chris, you've got the 'Rule' slightly wrong.................

Quote: builders know better than anyone else

Full Stop!!!! Wink

If I said grass was green hubby would tell me it's a yellowy-blue colour!! Grin

SlowSong
17 Jul 2013 - 8:46 PM

GrinGrinGrin That goes for husbands too. Grin

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2013 - 8:49 PM

Quote: That goes for husbands too.

I know my place and am fully aware of just who wears the trousers in my household.......But I always get the last word!.........YES DEAR! Blush

KarenFB
17 Jul 2013 - 8:59 PM

Lol!! Should think so too Ade!! Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.