Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
AlanJ
AlanJ e2 Member 1417 forum postsAlanJ vcard England
5 Aug 2014 - 9:17 PM

The young couple who have moved into the house next to my office. It's a Victorian terrace and I've been there for 12 years. Had a few neighbours all of whom have been fine.
They arrived about 4 months ago. When they first moved in I was unlocking back doors in the morning and the lad was in his yard so I said hello as you do and gave him some advice because they had a new baby and he was concerned about noise from the other side. He's about same age as my son so wanted to help. I naively thought I'd made a connection.
They now use my yard as an ashtray with scores of fag ends thrown over over the weeks. I want to confront him but I had a conversation with an very nice old chap along the way who told me they are a nasty lot and had been very confrontational. My wife wants me to ignore it but it's so frustrating. This morning there's an empty can and other rubbish.
Retirement can't come soon enough. Sad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Aug 2014 - 9:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2732 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
5 Aug 2014 - 10:29 PM

Hi Alan,
It's difficult to accept such people exist. I had a similar problem twenty years ago. Keep a record of every incident. May be useful.
The b***ard who caused the trouble with us tried to attack a police car with a samurai sword! And got put away! Such is life, sod it.
Commiserations.

Jack

JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2732 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
5 Aug 2014 - 10:32 PM

I should have mentioned he told the magistrate the sword was for gutting fish .

mikehit
mikehit  56450 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
5 Aug 2014 - 10:59 PM

You mean this one?
whale-shark.jpg

AlanJ
AlanJ e2 Member 1417 forum postsAlanJ vcard England
5 Aug 2014 - 11:02 PM

Jack thanks for that. Think I might invest in samurai sword Wink
The older I get the less I like my fellow humans. Sad

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110266 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2014 - 11:49 AM

Just had this year's tax code

Tax Free Personal Allowance = 10k
then they take off 7.7k as I get a state pension + a company pension
+ a few other bits an what's left?

a tax free personal allowance of 1923!

And everyone seems to be moaning about the burden of the Pensioner - what a load of rubbish, anyone who has saved for a personal pension gets caned, makes me wonder why I bothered Sad

petebfrance
13 Aug 2014 - 12:57 PM

Received my Canon SX50 yesterday - part of my cunning plan to photograph sea birds. I hate the thing. Spent hours with it and am ready to send it back. Yuck - can't focus (bees too difficult apart from other stuff), blown-out highlights, difficult to see EVF and screen, and this is compared to an ancient Fuji from 2005/6 with lower resolution EVF and screen. I must be doing something wrong, but I hate it.
Most 'amusing' is Auto mode, where the focus thingy moves around - and avoids what you want to focus on. Point at person sitting on coach and the focus thingy moves to the wall on the right - point further into picture and focus thingy skips past the person and focusses on the tablet they're using on the left. Maybe it's an intelligent function that realised person on couch did not want their photo takingWink
Can't do much with the thing today as it's raining, and suspect Amazon won't take it back if I've kicked it across the roomSadSad

petebfrance
13 Aug 2014 - 1:20 PM

oops - sitting on a couch, / settee not a **** coach.

polis_928tadw59

Quote: Received my Canon SX50 yesterday - part of my cunning plan to photograph sea birds. I hate the thing. Spent hours with it and am ready to send it back. Yuck - can't focus (bees too difficult apart from other stuff), blown-out highlights, difficult to see EVF and screen, and this is compared to an ancient Fuji from 2005/6 with lower resolution EVF and screen. I must be doing something wrong, but I hate it.
Most 'amusing' is Auto mode, where the focus thingy moves around - and avoids what you want to focus on. Point at person sitting on coach and the focus thingy moves to the wall on the right - point further into picture and focus thingy skips past the person and focusses on the tablet they're using on the left. Maybe it's an intelligent function that realised person on couch did not want their photo takingWink
Can't do much with the thing today as it's raining, and suspect Amazon won't take it back if I've kicked it across the roomSadSad

You can't beat the old film cameras - even a fool like me can work one !Wink

altitude50
altitude50  101853 forum posts United Kingdom
14 Aug 2014 - 11:55 AM

Those in the know will say this is obvious.
I changed over from wired internet access (router/hub to PC) to WiFi about 2 years ago. I used a TP Link USB Wireless Adapter. As I sit in a direct line between the PC and Home Hub, I thought it would improve my connection if I connected the adapter via a 2 metre extension lead into one of the USB ports in the back of my PC. (I need the two at the front for various other things.) Then taped the adapter to the top of my computer desk (above head height!)

The Wireless adapter was causing strange problems with the keyboard, I could type about twenty characters and it would just stop. So I had the adapter replaced with another under warranty. That was the same. Then I found that if I closed down the TP Link window every time I powered the PC up, rather than minimising it everything worked, more or less.

In the last few days my internet connection kept breaking down repeatedly, so I plugged the adapter straight into the front of my PC (next to my knee) got rid of the lead, now everything works fine and the connection seems to be faster.
This might be obvious to the experts, but not to me!

altitude50
altitude50  101853 forum posts United Kingdom
20 Aug 2014 - 9:42 AM

Yesterday I parked my small 2 door car in the centre of a space in a city multi story car park. I was away for four hours. When I came back some ##### person had parked their small car facing in the opposite direction so that their driver's door mirror was about 6" from the back edge of my driver's door. Nobody, not even a contortionist could get through the gap. As I am suffering from a damaged foot I was not too happy about climbing in via the passengers side and over the centre console.

Also I can guarantee that even if a car park is virtually empty and I park in a remote corner, somebody will always park right next to me. (Like the Citroen advert.)

JJGEE
JJGEE  96303 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2014 - 11:06 AM

People leaving their dog poo bags in my front garden Sad

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64430 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2014 - 2:40 PM

I'll swap your bags of dog poo for my bill for fees from Ebay of 10% of my sales. Bloodsuckers.

I thought I was doing well as I didn't see the fees adding up (and I must admit I haven't read their updates re fees lately) so I was a bit surprised. Won't be using them again in a hurry, but at least I've got rid of most of the stuff I wanted to.
Sad

Crazycurtis28

Quote: fees from Ebay of 10% of my sales. Bloodsuckers

They need to extort.. I mean make, their money somewhere Wink

Still not having internet after a week has made me grumpy (I am using my Work internet incase anyone wonders)

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 20 Aug 2014 - 4:38 PM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64430 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2014 - 12:49 PM

Well, was going to Epsom races today but the rain put the dampers on that! But, it did make me finish off my Albelli photobook 2008-2011 (lots of old stuff) which I've been meaning to do for about, oh, err 2 years! But only to find that the two vouchers I had for 20 off weren't valid any more. B*ms. Never mind, I'm glad to have got it out of the way. Just got to start on 2013 now.
Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.