Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Exciting Updates to Free & Paid Memberships! Read More

What's made you grumpy today?

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

Lynx08 Plus
6 1.2k England
18 Oct 2010 7:19PM
half my bl***y team being off sick!!!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

I don't know what you are grumpy about,Lynx08, I bought the winning 132m lottery ticket, visited the West Midlands last week and lost it. But as they say, "C'est la vie."
Strobe Plus
7 1.3k United States
21 Oct 2010 8:11PM
Nothing Smile
User_Removed 11 17.9k 8 Norway
21 Oct 2010 9:06PM
Getting to work at 8am and finding that BT BB had failed overnight (40K download speed - YES DIAL-UP WOULD HAVE BEEN FASTER!!) - then a protracted conversation with their 'Support' people carried out by a colleague which, by midday, hadn't seen a resolution.

So - I took the bull by the horns and, following a terse phone call, sent them a TraceRoute report that showed that the primary router in Kingston-Upon-Thames had fallen over. I then get a call from a Supervisor who I put straight on a few things and....

Bingo!!! Thirty minutes later (13:30) - having seen the service return to normal - I did a second TR which confirmed we were back to normal.

Did we get a follow-up CS call? Did we b*****y.
21 Oct 2010 9:07PM
London Underground, everyday morning and evening Jubilee or Metropolitan. Signal faults, trains taken out of service, power failure, you name it I have heard the excuse this week.

They don't have to explain to my boss why I'm late every dam day or why I am fed up each evening because I am getting home late.

Olympics 2012.......just don't rely on the tube to get you there.

Arghhhhhh
RobinF 8 83 1 England
22 Oct 2010 8:35AM
Booking theatre tickets weeks in advance and then both of us going down with colds two days before. Okay a cold is no 'big deal' but when it's accompanied by a very loud and persistent cough you begin to wonder how fair this is going to be to the other theatre goers. The bit that makes me grumpy: you can only have a refund if the performance is cancelled, if you can't go because you don't want to cough all through the performance and ruin other people's nights out - it's just tough, you lose your money!

Harrumph!
RobinF 8 83 1 England
22 Oct 2010 8:48AM
Bizarre grumpy happy time loop thing:

Felt grumpy, so went to this thread, read other people's grumpy entries which made me smile so not grumpy anymore, left thread, something else happened to make me grumpy went back to thread, read other people's grumpy entries which made me smile so not grumpy anymore, left thread, something else happened to make me grumpy went back to thread.....

help I'm stuck in a loop!
strawman Plus
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2010 10:26AM
Flight home cancelled by RyanAir last nigh, was 10pm flight, left with offer of Saturday flight at 12.30 midnight. Arranged fall back flights, left hotel @ 5am after 3 hours of attempted sleep, stuck in Copenhagen airport, next flight delayed. Car is at Stanstead, I will land at Heathrow. Some people have made a total are up at work so it looks like my week off next week is at least partially stuffed.

Next flight delayed, will it too be cancelled 5 airports in under 5 hours, bad tempered.....
adrian_w Plus
7 3.5k 4 Scotland
22 Oct 2010 10:51AM
Think I might have to leave this group; I'm just not grumpy enough compared with you lot! Smile
strawman Plus
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2010 11:17AM
Still in airport, had to cancel part of holiday, mood not getting better.
mohikan22 Plus
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2010 12:55PM
finding out after a week of right shoulder injury (muscle overuse) that now my left shoulder has followed suit just for funsies! its VERY painful. cannot lift my arm without using my other to lift it. pain killers/diclofenac/ and tramdol dont do nothing.. so yes im grumpy now! another week to go grrrrrrr.
brian1208 Plus
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2010 2:22PM
Painful sounding Matt - an early taste of what its like to get old Sad

I fiound that this sort of thing helped me when I had my knee replaced (lots of muscle damage with that), may be of some use?

Hope it improves soon
mohikan22 Plus
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2010 2:37PM
yes very. am using Deep freeze gel but only works briefly.... heat seems to make it worse atm... BUT if nothing develops ill give the compress ago. thx for the link
cats_123 Plus
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
22 Oct 2010 3:27PM

Quote:Finding out after a week of right shoulder injury (muscle overuse) that now my left shoulder has followed suit just for funsies! its VERY painful. cannot lift my arm without using my other to lift it. pain killers/diclofenac/ and tramdol dont do nothing.. so yes im grumpy now! another week to go grrrrrrr.
Know the feeling..had that some years ago following a sports injury..was diagnosed as `frozen shoulder' and eventually went to a physio who straightened (or re-aligned) the vertebrae in my neck..Nothing to do directly with the arm at all. Might be worth a consultation? Smile
ade_mcfade Plus
10 15.1k 216 England
22 Oct 2010 3:45PM
the 400 bill for some stuff being done on the car Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.