Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's made you grumpy today?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Lynx08
Lynx08 e2 Member 61232 forum postsLynx08 vcard England
18 Oct 2010 - 7:19 PM

half my bl***y team being off sick!!!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Oct 2010 - 7:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

polis_928tadw59

I don't know what you are grumpy about,Lynx08, I bought the winning 132m lottery ticket, visited the West Midlands last week and lost it. But as they say, "C'est la vie."

Strobe
Strobe  61254 forum posts United States
21 Oct 2010 - 8:11 PM

Nothing Smile

User_Removed
21 Oct 2010 - 9:06 PM

Getting to work at 8am and finding that BT BB had failed overnight (40K download speed - YES DIAL-UP WOULD HAVE BEEN FASTER!!) - then a protracted conversation with their 'Support' people carried out by a colleague which, by midday, hadn't seen a resolution.

So - I took the bull by the horns and, following a terse phone call, sent them a TraceRoute report that showed that the primary router in Kingston-Upon-Thames had fallen over. I then get a call from a Supervisor who I put straight on a few things and....

Bingo!!! Thirty minutes later (13:30) - having seen the service return to normal - I did a second TR which confirmed we were back to normal.

Did we get a follow-up CS call? Did we b*****y.

catgirl73
catgirl73  6137 forum posts United Kingdom
21 Oct 2010 - 9:07 PM

London Underground, everyday morning and evening Jubilee or Metropolitan. Signal faults, trains taken out of service, power failure, you name it I have heard the excuse this week.

They don't have to explain to my boss why I'm late every dam day or why I am fed up each evening because I am getting home late.

Olympics 2012.......just don't rely on the tube to get you there.

Arghhhhhh

RobinF
RobinF  783 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2010 - 8:35 AM

Booking theatre tickets weeks in advance and then both of us going down with colds two days before. Okay a cold is no 'big deal' but when it's accompanied by a very loud and persistent cough you begin to wonder how fair this is going to be to the other theatre goers. The bit that makes me grumpy: you can only have a refund if the performance is cancelled, if you can't go because you don't want to cough all through the performance and ruin other people's nights out - it's just tough, you lose your money!

Harrumph!

RobinF
RobinF  783 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2010 - 8:48 AM

Bizarre grumpy happy time loop thing:

Felt grumpy, so went to this thread, read other people's grumpy entries which made me smile so not grumpy anymore, left thread, something else happened to make me grumpy went back to thread, read other people's grumpy entries which made me smile so not grumpy anymore, left thread, something else happened to make me grumpy went back to thread.....

help I'm stuck in a loop!

strawman
strawman  1022003 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2010 - 10:26 AM

Flight home cancelled by RyanAir last nigh, was 10pm flight, left with offer of Saturday flight at 12.30 midnight. Arranged fall back flights, left hotel @ 5am after 3 hours of attempted sleep, stuck in Copenhagen airport, next flight delayed. Car is at Stanstead, I will land at Heathrow. Some people have made a total are up at work so it looks like my week off next week is at least partially stuffed.

Next flight delayed, will it too be cancelled 5 airports in under 5 hours, bad tempered.....

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63280 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2010 - 10:51 AM

Think I might have to leave this group; I'm just not grumpy enough compared with you lot! Smile

strawman
strawman  1022003 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2010 - 11:17 AM

Still in airport, had to cancel part of holiday, mood not getting better.

mohikan22
mohikan22  102187 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2010 - 12:55 PM

finding out after a week of right shoulder injury (muscle overuse) that now my left shoulder has followed suit just for funsies! its VERY painful. cannot lift my arm without using my other to lift it. pain killers/diclofenac/ and tramdol dont do nothing.. so yes im grumpy now! another week to go grrrrrrr.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2010 - 2:22 PM

Painful sounding Matt - an early taste of what its like to get old Sad

I fiound that this sort of thing helped me when I had my knee replaced (lots of muscle damage with that), may be of some use?

Hope it improves soon

Last Modified By brian1208 at 22 Oct 2010 - 2:22 PM
mohikan22
mohikan22  102187 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2010 - 2:37 PM

yes very. am using Deep freeze gel but only works briefly.... heat seems to make it worse atm... BUT if nothing develops ill give the compress ago. thx for the link

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104000 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2010 - 3:27 PM

Quote: Finding out after a week of right shoulder injury (muscle overuse) that now my left shoulder has followed suit just for funsies! its VERY painful. cannot lift my arm without using my other to lift it. pain killers/diclofenac/ and tramdol dont do nothing.. so yes im grumpy now! another week to go grrrrrrr.

Know the feeling..had that some years ago following a sports injury..was diagnosed as `frozen shoulder' and eventually went to a physio who straightened (or re-aligned) the vertebrae in my neck..Nothing to do directly with the arm at all. Might be worth a consultation? Smile

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014740 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2010 - 3:45 PM

the 400 bill for some stuff being done on the car Sad

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.