Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Challenge ending 8pm 1st. May 2013; WATER in the landscape/seascape.

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
27 Apr 2013 9:45AM
Bev (Rainfall ) has not responded to winning the last challenge, neither has she reponded to a PM I sent her asking her to set the challenge asap. I hope all is well with her. Peter (Snapper) who was second in the challenge , would have been willing to host the challenge but is on holiday next week. As I was third, and time is going by, in order to get things going, I’ll set the challenge myself. I’ll make it, hopeful, fairly easy because on the now limited time.

The challenge is WATER in the Landscape/Seascape. Anything from a garden pond to an ocean. Usual rules apply.

Rules

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or Sepia toned)
5. Only one uploads per member
6. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
7. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
8. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
9. Have fun

Jack

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

27 Apr 2013 2:28PM
dsc-1178-2.jpg

JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
27 Apr 2013 5:06PM
Nice shot, but all images must have been taken afterthe topic was announced! SadThis image seems to be a sunset or sunrise. Also, Julian, please upload photos by clicking the word "photos" inthe heading 'home comments photos forums more" under the group title. Open up the page, and then upload photo.

Jack
rambler e2
6 477 14 England
27 Apr 2013 6:26PM
Thanks for sorting a challenge out Jack,

Ken
DalesLass e2
3 2.2k United Kingdom
27 Apr 2013 6:34PM
Well done for sorting it Jack. A challenge right up my street as I love photographing water but sadly I can't take part as I will not be around to host the next one should I happen to win. Tongue

Good luck and lots of fun to all,

Jude
JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
27 Apr 2013 7:00PM
Sorry you won't be entering, Jude: thankyou for letting me know. You always upload attractive images.Smile

Best wishes,

Jack
DalesLass e2
3 2.2k United Kingdom
28 Apr 2013 5:39PM
Thanks Jack, see you all soon.............
JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
1 May 2013 8:13PM
Hi folks! Good to such high quality entries. I'll give my verdict at about half nine.

Cheers,

Jack
JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
1 May 2013 9:34PM
Let us welcome back to the group the resilient Elaine, and give her the very best wishes for the future. We also warmly welcome Carl, whose entry set the ball rolling, after the delayed start- there has been no response whatsoever from last week’s challenge winner.
The delayed start, an unexpectedly cold wind which may have deterred some from venturing out to take photos for entry, and Peter and Jude being away, may have resulted in not so as many entries as usual.

Nevertheless a very high quality of entries, making judging difficult.

The winner this week is Wynn. Congratulations Wynn, you had stiff competition.

I’ll comment on each entry in the next day or two.

Regards to all,

Jack
Gary66 2 158 England
1 May 2013 9:41PM
Well done Wynn.
wynn469 5 72 Wales
1 May 2013 9:49PM
Thank you jack for hosting and judging this week’s challenge, living and working in the mountains of Wales there is an abundance of the subject, also everybody that took part with interesting images.
I am about to have a ball of porridge and a think will be back with a theme soon.

Wynn
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
2 May 2013 8:23AM
Apologies for not joining in this week - apart from the 'river' Chelt that the bus passes by in the mornings, I've not been near any water! Oops - that's a lie - I was at Gloucester Docks at the weekend but was somewhat distracted and forgot the challenge!
JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
2 May 2013 10:34AM
Thanks for the comment, Al. It's several years since I was at Gloucester docks, when my in-laws lived in Brockworth, just outside of Gloucester.

Regards,

Jack
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
2 May 2013 10:41AM
It's pretty much every Saturday for me at the moment Jack - until dad gets out of hospital! I'm getting used to the bus-ride over, mooch round charity/junk/antique shops then a couple of hours chat with dad and then home again........... It's getting flipping expensive though as I keep finding goodies that simply have to be added to my still life prop collection!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.