Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Theme for this week - " Passengers " B & W Challenge ends at 8 pm Wed 19th September 2012

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

Wilco54 e2
2 150 1 Luxembourg
12 Sep 2012 10:12PM
Welcome to the weekly black and white challenge. The "movement" theme is hard to follow but got me thinking along related lines.

This week's theme is "Passengers" - this could be one or more people (or other, preferably living, things!) being transported somewhere. Think not only about the more obvious "passenger" on buses, trains, tandems, cars etc but also the more unusual. I will look for originality and wit!

Good luck everyone and I will look forward to judging next Wednesday, will be at 8pm. (UK time of course!)

Chris

Rules

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W
5. Only one uploads per member
6. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
7. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
8. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
9. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

13 Sep 2012 3:15PM
Chris

Well done with your entry last week and certainly an interesting topic for this week. Looking forward to submitting

Regards

Darren
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
13 Sep 2012 3:21PM
Right, some sneaky use of the X10 will be required this week - handy that I travel to and from work by bus 5 days a week and invariably disappear off somewhere by public transport every Saturday Smile
Wilco54 e2
2 150 1 Luxembourg
14 Sep 2012 8:28AM
Darren, many thanks on both counts!

Ali, doesnt need to be that sneaky! And having seen your portfolio I would be really surprised if you did something that sounds so straightforwward! Methinks you are sandbagging!! (thats good by the way!). ps, do you like the X10?
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
14 Sep 2012 8:47AM
Ah - I'll try to come up with something a bit more inventive though it would be a challenge for me to do something straightforward like sneaking street pics Smile I'm waiting for inspiration to strike Smile

The X10 is lovely - performs beautifully, ace macro, wonderful in low light - worth every penny Smile
Snapper 9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
16 Sep 2012 2:24PM
Time for a weekend bump to hopefully spur some action while you still have time to run out and get a photo!
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
17 Sep 2012 6:02PM
Another "bump."

This week's theme is "passengers."

Come on folks; let's see what you can come up with.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
17 Sep 2012 6:09PM
Still thinking....... Tongue
Wilco54 e2
2 150 1 Luxembourg
18 Sep 2012 5:45AM
Hi everyone! A small bump from me too! A bit less than 48 hours and only 2 posts so far - lets see some more of what you can come up with!
wynn469 5 72 Wales
18 Sep 2012 7:51AM
Still seeking divine intervention
18 Sep 2012 9:35AM
Same here!
wynn469 5 72 Wales
19 Sep 2012 1:56PM
Took time out from stitch sequins and work to just to keep my hand in with the theme “passengers”
19 Sep 2012 8:24PM
Sorry folks - just got here. Is it over yet?
Wilco54 e2
2 150 1 Luxembourg
19 Sep 2012 8:46PM
Hi everyone! many thanks to those who entered. I am sorry that the subject was not quite as straightforward or interesting as I had hoped! Really nice photos submitted and whilst Ali's was excellent and thought provoking as ever and Wynn caught a great expression, Snapper really got the atmosphere (and I like atmospheric shots) and Jadus achieved a great capture; this week's winner for me is Simon's "One scared looking passenger". Well done Simon and over to you for the next challenge.

The weekly challenge is fun and I really hope we can draw more people into participating!
SH87 2 10 England
19 Sep 2012 8:59PM
Wow flattered to say the least.

Many thanks Chris

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.