Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Theme for week commencing October 31 - ending November 7

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
3 Nov 2012 4:43PM
I'm all for allowing comments as the photos are uploaded, as long as we All can comment, not just the judge. It will liven up the challenges, make them more fun, perhaps with a bit of banter, and hopefully encourage more entries. It most probably won't affect the judging, as we all see comments on photos we all disagree with anyway (well, I do).

Pleased you raised the issue, AnneSmile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AnneWorner e2
7 618 43 United States
3 Nov 2012 6:18PM

Quote:I'm all for allowing comments as the photos are uploaded, as long as we All can comment, not just the judge. It will liven up the challenges, make them more fun, perhaps with a bit of banter, and hopefully encourage more entries. It most probably won't affect the judging, as we all see comments on photos we all disagree with anyway (well, I do).

I absolutely think it would be great if everyone wanted to chime in - critique, comments, and maybe even modifications?
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
3 Nov 2012 6:28PM
Are we agreed then (those of us that are still here!) that comments shall be allowed on the uploaded images, from the moment that they appear and not only after judging has taken place.?

Everyone is entitled to comment on the image and everyone is equally entitled to comment on other people's comments. It needs to be a two-way street and having someone disagree with you is, in reality, quite a good way to learn new tricks.

All of these comments must be posted courteously, respectfully and in a manner that won't cause any genuine offence.

There's no reason why we can't take the p**s out of each other but there's always that line over which we mustn't step.
It would be a good idea if everyone taking part in this was to take a look at the recommended method of posting comments in the 'critique gallery.'
I now some of that sounds a bit pompous but it is sound advice.
Believe me, I'm a regular contributor to the CG and I've seen some really impressive bust-ups and dummy- throwing in there because some people think that they know it all and don't know how be pleasant.

My personal feeling is the same as Ann's.
I'm forever posting and receiving critique in the CG, so I know how it works and I can't see any reason why we shouldn't post critique in here, it's far more useful than a straightforward 'nice shot' type comment.
I'd be happy to have mods. enabled too, if that's what people would like.
I'd have to ask to have that applied by the team but I'm happy to do so.

Is that OK with everyone . . . ?

Bren.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
3 Nov 2012 6:51PM
Yes to everything Smile
AnneWorner e2
7 618 43 United States
3 Nov 2012 7:09PM
Absolutely Smile
JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
3 Nov 2012 7:19PM
Yup!
A good way to learn.
Well done Anne and Bren!Smile
petebfrance 2 1.3k United Kingdom
3 Nov 2012 7:23PM
Yes.
3 Nov 2012 7:27PM
OK then!

Fire away!

Whoever hosts next week's challenge can change the written rules when they copy and paste them.

That was the easy bit.

The next question is: do we want mods. to be allowed?

If so, as I've said, I'll ask those in high places.
AnneWorner e2
7 618 43 United States
3 Nov 2012 7:29PM
Mods can teach a lot and you can learn a lot from them. I guess it will have to be enabled from the Options box?
JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
3 Nov 2012 7:35PM
How about allowing mods after the challenge finishes, otherwise things (e.g. me) might be a bit confused?
3 Nov 2012 7:51PM
I'd have to enquire Jack.
In the CG, mods. are allowed on your shots as soon as you check the 'critique' box, whether you want them or not, so I rather think that if those in high places will allow them in here, you'll have them turned on all of the time.
Which isn't necessarily a problem because you're not obliged to look at them just because they're there, although some of the critique might hinge upon them.
User_Removed 2 155 2 South Africa
4 Nov 2012 9:20AM

Quote:I'm all for allowing comments as the photos are uploaded, as long as we All can comment, not just the judge. It will liven up the challenges, make them more fun, perhaps with a bit of banter, and hopefully encourage more entries. It most probably won't affect the judging, as we all see comments on photos we all disagree with anyway (well, I do).

DITTO .. I think comments will promote participation. I, for one, appreciate feedback.
scrimmy e2
6 379 5 Scotland
4 Nov 2012 9:55PM
just caught up with thread here..now my mind is in a spiral Tongue
Gary66 2 158 England
5 Nov 2012 9:47AM
Hi all,
Hope you don't mind a newcomer, shall do my best to enter each week.
Just a man and a camera, Unfortunately I lack the ability and the know how to enhance photos, so I guess what I see is what you get.
B Lucky. Gary.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
5 Nov 2012 9:59AM
You're more than welcome Gary - the more the merrier Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.