Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Theme for week commencing October 31 - ending November 7

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
petebfrance
7 Nov 2012 - 10:41 PM

Congratulations Paul. Really dramatic image. I hope you're recovering OK.
Thanks Anne for such an excellent and challenging choice of subject. I really enjoyed looking at the picturesSmile

Last Modified By petebfrance at 7 Nov 2012 - 10:41 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Nov 2012 - 10:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315392 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Nov 2012 - 10:46 PM

Thanks yes I`m feeling pretty good, still can`t do a lot but I`m getting there Smile

scrimmy
scrimmy e2 Member 6366 forum postsscrimmy vcard Scotland5 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2012 - 12:56 AM

congratulations on your win Paul ...wishing you a speedy recovery

Gary66
Gary66  1158 forum posts England
8 Nov 2012 - 6:43 AM

well done Paul

JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2735 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
8 Nov 2012 - 9:57 AM

Get well soon, Paul. I admire the skill with which you took the photo, well done!

Cheers,

Jack

wynn469
wynn469  572 forum posts Wales
8 Nov 2012 - 1:14 PM

Congratulation Paul great imagination looking forward to the theme this week.

Jestertheclown

Hi Folks, I'm back.

Well done Paul. What's in store for us next week then . . . ?

As we're about to begin a new challenge; are we going to allow comments/critique on the uploaded images prior to judging?

Did we ever reach a verdict?

I don't much like the idea of taking a vote on it but if opinion's not unanimous, one way or another, I think we should go with the majority.

Opinions?

AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6612 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States42 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2012 - 1:52 PM

Quote: Hi Folks, I'm back.

Well done Paul. What's in store for us next week then . . . ?

As we're about to begin a new challenge; are we going to allow comments/critique on the uploaded images prior to judging?

Did we ever reach a verdict?

I don't much like the idea of taking a vote on it but if opinion's not unanimous, one way or another, I think we should go with the majority.

Opinions?

Concensus seems to have been reached to allow comments and critique - in fact that worked out pretty well on the spiral theme.

Missed you!

Any news on the possibility of enabling modifications?

I'm not much on the idea to allow voting. I don't think that's something done in most of these groups. Enough that we have voting in the main gallery.

Make it a great day,

Anne

Jestertheclown

Quote: Any news on the possibility of enabling modifications?

I haven't enquired yet Anne. I'll do it now.

Looks as if commenting/critiquing (is that a word?) is OK from now on then.

But!

As I pointed out earlier, if we're going to critique each other's images (and hopefully, each other's critique), let's keep it clean. Taking the p**s in an appropriate manner should be acceptable to everyone (I hope) but let's not overstep the mark.
There's far too much bad feeling caused in the real CG because of the way some supposed critique is delivered; we don't need that to happen here.

Good luck for the coming week everyone!

B.

AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6612 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States42 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2012 - 2:15 PM

I feel that when critiquing, one should also point out the positive points. Hopefully I've done that in my comments this week.

I also think it is good to take in critique for what it is - an attempt to point out a different approach, and to be helpful.

Antagonism has no purpose.

JawDborn
8 Nov 2012 - 2:21 PM

Hi Bren,

Why not give the commenting/ critiquing(!) a trial for a predetermined time, and then ask participating members how they feel about continuing?

Jack

JawDborn
8 Nov 2012 - 2:25 PM

P.S. how about letting individual members choose whether they wish to allow modifications to be made to their photos. There may otherwise be copyright issues.

Jack

Jestertheclown

Yes and yes.

Anne, you're absolutely right. That's why I keep harping on about etiquette. We all need to behave.

Jack, not a bad idea.
Give it a month perhaps? That's four challenges. If it dies from apathy, at least we've tried and if it turns into a big row and blows up in our faces, firstly I shall say something and if that doesn't suffice, I'll report it. In fact, all and any of you can and should report it
That won't necessarily mean it has to end. It will mean though, that we'll need to be more careful in future. Particularly the person who's offended!

How does that sound?

B.

Jestertheclown

I don't know if that would be an option Jack and anyway, we don't know yet whether we'll be able to apply mods.
Even if we do, I'm not sure that copyright issues are likely to be a problem. If anyone has an issue with their image being downloaded and modded, they're probably better off, not uploading it in the first place.
The whole copyright thing's been discussed on the site a thousand times already. I think that we all know where we stand on that issue.

B.

AnneWorner
8 Nov 2012 - 2:50 PM

Quote: P.S. how about letting individual members choose whether they wish to allow modifications to be made to their photos. There may otherwise be copyright issues.

Jack

In a couple of other groups I'm in, you can access the modifications choice under the options button. You only enable it if you want to allow modifications. It would most likely work the same way in this group.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.