Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Weekly B& White Challenge - ending 8pm Wednesday 13th February 2013

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
7 Feb 2013 8:27AM
Greetings everyone! Challenge time again......

I was debating what subject to choose today as I was sat on the bus coming in to work and noticed a nice evenly spaced row of bicycles chained up against the railings - the view down the bus with all the passenger heads - the various modes of transport all around and I thought that'll do - this weeks challenge is Transport. Whole vehicles, details, bikes, cars, buses, trains, scooters, views from inside, outside - whatever you fancy. Will that do?

Normal Rules Apply

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W
5. Only one upload per member
6. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
7. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
8. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
9. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gary66 2 158 England
7 Feb 2013 10:47PM
Better get me skates on, going to find some sunshine for a well earned break.
rambler e2
6 477 14 England
7 Feb 2013 11:21PM
Sunshine? On yer bike.Wink
alistairfarrugia 2 164 88 Malta
8 Feb 2013 6:35AM
Will try to make it this time. Was a bit lazy these days photography wise. Work's been a ***** and I needed some quiet time away from the camera in the evenings. This time though I want to be in it - plenty of subjects around!
JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
11 Feb 2013 11:29AM
As horses are transport, may I submit a photo of a packet of beef lasagne for this week's challenge?
rambler e2
6 477 14 England
12 Feb 2013 6:55PM
Yes but it might give you the trotts Tongue
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
12 Feb 2013 9:15PM
oops - I was just wondering today what the weekly challenge was - and once again forgot that I'm running it this week!
petebfrance 2 1.3k United Kingdom
13 Feb 2013 5:03PM
made it (bump......Smile)
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
13 Feb 2013 8:46PM
Ok folks - major dilemma here - I want to choose Slowsong's image this week but according to the exif it was taken the day before I set the challenge.

Granted the challenge runs from Wednesday to Wednesday but due to the Shakeyhands quite reasonably announcing my win in the early hours of the morning (for us, not Shakeyhands), then I wasn't unable to set the challenge until the 7th.

However I think I'm going to stick to rule 2 ie. "All images must be taken after the theme is announced" and announce Daleslass this weeks winner and hope I don't cause any upset!

I'm now going to hide in case I've messed up here!
Wilco54 e2
2 150 1 Luxembourg
13 Feb 2013 8:55PM
Many thanks Alison, great topic! Well done Daleslass - its a great photo!
JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
13 Feb 2013 9:04PM
A perfect choice, Alison. Thanks for hosting. And Jude, 6 perfect photos foe the price of one!Grin Well done.
rambler e2
6 477 14 England
13 Feb 2013 9:10PM
Good job Alison and sadly for Slowsong rules are rules.
Excellent presentation and quality from Daleslass, a worthy winner.

Ken
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
13 Feb 2013 9:13PM
It's your decision Alison. I didn't even see the date you set the challenge so I assumed it was within the rules. I did see your subject before I took the photo because I went out the same day to take the picture so I don't see how I could've pre-empted your thoughts, but I'm not quibbling. However, I'm delighted DalesLass has won because her's was my favourite anyway. SmileSmileSmile
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
13 Feb 2013 9:22PM

Quote:It's your decision Alison. I didn't even see the date you set the challenge so I assumed it was within the rules. I did see your subject before I took the photo because I went out the same day to take the picture so I don't see how I could've pre-empted your thoughts, but I'm not quibbling. However, I'm delighted DalesLass has won because her's was my favourite anyway. SmileSmileSmile

Oh - that is peculiar. Is the date on your camera wrong maybe? I know the time is wrong on mine and one day I will actually correct it!

Or - the most likely explanation - did we both experience some weird time aberration which has since straightened out? Smile
DalesLass e2
3 2.2k United Kingdom
13 Feb 2013 9:23PM
Thanks Alison - I think! I want to be pleased as its my first time being chosen, but I feel a little as though I have got it through someone else's misfortune.

Still I'll go away and come up with a theme and then hope I can work out how to get it up and running!

Also many thanks for the kind comments, especially Slowsong Smile

Jude

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.