Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Weekly Black and White Challenge ~ Ending 8pm, Wednesday 25th September ~theme~ "Childhood"

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

DalesLass e2
3 2.1k United Kingdom
18 Sep 2013 9:53PM
So this weeks theme is to be "Childhood", full of possibilities (I hope!). The interpretation is up to you Smile

Have fun,

Jude

Each week the winner of the previous week’s challenge will set a new theme, you have until 8pm the following Wednesday to take, process and upload your black and white image.

Rules

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rambler e2
6 477 14 England
18 Sep 2013 11:19PM
Wow now there's a subject and a half, will a second childhood do?Wink Wink
DalesLass e2
3 2.1k United Kingdom
19 Sep 2013 9:25AM

Quote:Wow now there's a subject and a half, will a second childhood do?Wink Wink

That would depend on what you're getting upto in it Blush perhaps memories of your first might be safer Smile
rambler e2
6 477 14 England
19 Sep 2013 11:41PM
Mmmmm, point taken, Wink
DalesLass e2
3 2.1k United Kingdom
24 Sep 2013 5:47PM
Bumping this one up to remind everyone that images need to be upload by 8pm tomorrow evening. Its a wide open subject it could be things that remind you of your childhood, toys/games, children's books.....

...there's lots to go at Smile Smile Smile

Jude
DalesLass e2
3 2.1k United Kingdom
25 Sep 2013 8:04PM
Time is up folks, which means I have to go and do the judging bit....

....I'll be back soon Smile
Gary66 2 158 England
25 Sep 2013 8:22PM
apologies for no entry, so busy lately.
DalesLass e2
3 2.1k United Kingdom
25 Sep 2013 8:47PM
This bit is soooo hard(!) but after much deliberation I have managed to make a decision.......

....and the winner is

****2nd Childhood--you know you want to! by Peter (Snapper)**** I love the perspective from the top of the slide, it gives a great view of the playground. I also like the fact that the playground is empty leaving you to image yourself in it. At least that's how I see it Smile and after I've been on the slide please can I go on the swings Smile Smile Smile

So it's all yours for the next week Peter Smile

All the best to everyone,

Jude

PS Gary I quite understand, it isn't always possible to find the time to do everything no matter how much we'd like to!
JawDborn e2
2 764 England
25 Sep 2013 9:03PM
Great shot, Peter. Well done. Hope you managed to stop at the end of the slide.Smile
Thanks for the challenge, Jude.Smile

Jack
rambler e2
6 477 14 England
25 Sep 2013 9:14PM
My apologies also but I missed the deadline Blush but I thought I would post this as Alison might like it,

Ken

img-2311-2652-edited-1-copy.jpg

Nothing to do with my second chIldhood, I promise.Blush
Snapper 9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
25 Sep 2013 9:25PM
A completely unexpected selection, so many thanks indeed Jude! Absolutely no thought of a new subject, so I'm off to think about that and I'll be back later. Wink
Wilco54 e2
2 137 1 Luxembourg
25 Sep 2013 9:43PM
Well done Peter, great winning shot that really caught the theme. Good challenge Jude, shame there were so few entries again!
DalesLass e2
3 2.1k United Kingdom
25 Sep 2013 9:53PM

Quote:A completely unexpected selection, so many thanks indeed Jude! Absolutely no thought of a new subject, so I'm off to think about that and I'll be back later. Wink

You're very welcome it was a very good image for the theme.

Looking forward to your challenge!

Jude Smile
25 Sep 2013 11:52PM
Congats Snapper, Great shot!

I could probly still handle the slide but not to sure about the round a bout thingy... I'm dizzy enough as it isTongue

Shakey
cattyal e2
9 6.1k 6 England
7 Oct 2013 9:47AM

Quote:My apologies also but I missed the deadline Blush but I thought I would post this as Alison might like it,

Ken

Nothing to do with my second chIldhood, I promise.Blush

They don't look quite battered enough to join my collection Smile (which reminds me, I must get a box full of muck from the muck-heap to bury stuff in over the winter)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.