Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Weekly Black and White Challenge - Skylines - ends 8 p.m. Wednesday 19th December.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Digby
Digby e2 Member 541 forum postsDigby vcard Wales
12 Dec 2012 - 10:59 PM

This weeks challenge is Skylines.

The "rules":

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday 19/12/12.
4. All uploads must be B&W
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week

NEW MEMBERS please note RULE 2

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Dec 2012 - 10:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gary66
Gary66  1158 forum posts England
13 Dec 2012 - 4:54 AM

Judging by the last batch of photos (winter) I definately have my work cut out, here's hoping for some dramatic skies over the Cambridge area and the rest of the country is blanketed by fog Tongue.
Good luck everyone.

Wilco54
Wilco54 e2 Member 2136 forum postsWilco54 vcard Luxembourg1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2012 - 9:00 AM

Quote: Judging by the last batch of photos (winter) I definately have my work cut out, here's hoping for some dramatic skies over the Cambridge area and the rest of the country is blanketed by fog Tongue.
Good luck everyone.

Dont get distracted by too many open windows!

scrimmy
scrimmy e2 Member 5365 forum postsscrimmy vcard Scotland5 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2012 - 8:30 PM

Skylines!!! WTF Smile

now wherever did i put my thinking cap.....i know i saw it around here 30 years ago Tongue

Gary66
14 Dec 2012 - 8:37 AM

Just to clarify are skylines rooftops/buildings against the the sky?

Digby
14 Dec 2012 - 12:16 PM

Quote: Just to clarify are skylines rooftops/buildings against the the sky?

Yes, and here are some definitions from two different dictionaries.

Skyline, outline of hills, buildings etc., defined against sky, visible horizon.

Skyline: (1) The line along which the surface of the earth and sky appear to meet; the horizon.
(2) An outline, as of a group of buildings or a mountain range, seen against the sky.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54231 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
14 Dec 2012 - 6:35 PM

Right. Who's lucky enough to live on a mountain. Grin

Gary66
14 Dec 2012 - 7:13 PM

Ok, I live on the outskirts of the fens where a mole hill is the closest we have to a mountain!
fortunately i'm down Winchester way this weekend, so fingers crossed i can come up with a worthy challenge.

AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6606 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States41 Constructive Critique Points
14 Dec 2012 - 11:41 PM

Last week it was winter - no winter here. This week it is skyline. I live in a small town where downtown is a four block square with the courthouse in the middle.

However, I solved the dilemma, and shot my challenge entry today. Soon to be uploaded.

alistairfarrugia
alistairfarrugia Critique Team 1164 forum posts Malta88 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 11:08 PM

Just uploaded my entry, got lucky yesterday the sky was wonderful in Malta. It was also featured on the major local newspaper as it was so dramatic. Lucky for me, I had my camera on me and snapped some shots too!

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20121216/local/the-sky-on-fire.449840

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104000 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
18 Dec 2012 - 8:09 AM

Quote: Just uploaded my entry, got lucky yesterday the sky was wonderful in Malta. It was also featured on the major local newspaper as it was so dramatic. Lucky for me, I had my camera on me and snapped some shots too!

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20121216/local/the-sky-on-fire.449840

well done...a very dramatic shot, and will be hard to beat Smile

alistairfarrugia
alistairfarrugia Critique Team 1164 forum posts Malta88 Constructive Critique Points
18 Dec 2012 - 2:41 PM

Thanks for the comment cats_123, regardless of the competition result I'm glad I joined this group, as I was only involved in two other groups aside of this one, with only one featuring a competition.

These weekly competitions urge me to keep taking pictures consistently and that's a "win" in itself more than the result per se. Still, I'll always give my best as I'm typically fairly competitive hehe.

So once again, thanks! Smile

petebfrance
18 Dec 2012 - 4:19 PM

Made it!

Digby
19 Dec 2012 - 8:16 PM

And the winner is Skyline by SlowSong.

A well lit and composed image with a nice sky.

Well done Chris.

Hugh

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54231 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
19 Dec 2012 - 8:17 PM

Oooh, I forgot all about this challenge. Grin Thanks a lot Hugh, well chuffed.
I'll come back with a dastardly challenge soon.
Thanks peeps.
SmileSmileSmile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.