Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Weekly Black and White Challenge - Theme for the week ending July 10 is JUXTAPOSI...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Wilco54
Wilco54 e2 Member 2137 forum postsWilco54 vcard Luxembourg1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jul 2013 - 10:59 PM

Rules
Hello everyone,

The theme for this week will be JUXTAPOSITION. To help I have lifted the following definition:

1. an act or instance of placing close together or side by side, especially for comparison or contrast.
2. the state of being close together or side by side.

So you can either create a juxtaposition or find one that already exists - I can think of one or two regular contributors to whom this may appeal!!! Wednesday 10th is the day I arrive at my holiday destination so the judging may, or may not, be a little later than usual so please bear with me!

Usual rules:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday 10th July
4. All uploads must be B&W
5. Only one uploads per member
6. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
7. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final Smile
8. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
9. Have fun

Looking forward to some creativity
Chris

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Jul 2013 - 10:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Wilco54
Wilco54 e2 Member 2137 forum postsWilco54 vcard Luxembourg1 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2013 - 12:33 PM

Oops, I am alarmed by the absence of comments etc - I hope the challenge is ok and I do recognize that its hard to make puns about juxtaposition!!!!

Griff2012
Griff2012 e2 Member 2329 forum postsGriff2012 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2013 - 6:05 PM

No worries, Wilco. It's often quiet for the first couple of days. Expect there will be a couple of comments during the weekend.

I have just been out in the garden looking for juxtapositions Smile It's a good theme for the mono treatment.

Jacqui

scrimmy
scrimmy e2 Member 5365 forum postsscrimmy vcard Scotland5 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2013 - 6:49 PM

oops sorry....but "justnotinaposition" to make any comments lately ....groan Tongue

Snapper
Snapper  93731 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2013 - 6:58 PM

I googled the "juxta position" and got some very dodgy websites. Tongue

Wilco54
8 Jul 2013 - 4:53 PM

Probably need a BUMP here or this one will be ridiculously easy to judge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Griff2012
Griff2012 e2 Member 2329 forum postsGriff2012 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2013 - 7:24 PM

Now two photos juxtaposed. Well, it still might be ridiculously easy to judge... Smile Jacqui

rambler
rambler e2 Member 6469 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jul 2013 - 12:38 PM

Juxta loaded another one, Smile

ken

Gary66
Gary66  1158 forum posts England
10 Jul 2013 - 6:53 PM

I'm entered, but not sure if I understood Juxtaposition. but fun none the less.

Wilco54
10 Jul 2013 - 8:26 PM

Good evening everyone! Firstly apologies becaause the topic was possiiby a bit dull or difficult - note to self - not everyone is interested in same things as you! However, really nice entries and my winner, because he "got Its" and the photo made me smile is Snapper. Well done Pete and over to you!

Snapper
Snapper  93731 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jul 2013 - 8:57 PM

Thanks Chris and I'm bound to say it was just a lucky moment as the shot I wanted didn't work out for me! I think I'll go for something seasonal for next week, so off to start a new thread now. Wink

scrimmy
scrimmy e2 Member 5365 forum postsscrimmy vcard Scotland5 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jul 2013 - 8:58 PM

apologies for not submitting...but sometimes work gets in the way...the occasional paying customer has to come first..... Smile

rambler
rambler e2 Member 6469 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jul 2013 - 9:01 PM

Well done Pete,

Ken

Snapper
10 Jul 2013 - 9:11 PM

Thanks Ken!

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96030 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jul 2013 - 9:12 PM

Apologies for not managing to join in from me too Smile A combination of preparation for a show, out at the weekend, setting up the show last night and the private viewing this evening meant that time has been in rather short supply!

On the plus side, first day of opening at the gallery and two sales made this evening Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.