Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Weekly Black and White Challenge - w/e 26th June

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54167 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2013 - 7:46 AM

I hope you enjoy your challenge this coming week. And your theme is Through a Window . Take your picture from the outside looking in.

So, you can snoop on your neighbours, admire stuff in shop windows, find quirky things lurking in corners or just see something beautiful and artistic and snap it. Apart from what's in the window I just want to see a corner, or the whole window frame, as part of the image.

Rules

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday 26th June
4. All uploads must be B&W
5. Only one uploads per member
6. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
7. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final Smile
8. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
9. Have fun

If you are interested in black and white photography please join the black and white group .

Last Modified By SlowSong at 20 Jun 2013 - 7:47 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Jun 2013 - 7:46 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scrimmy
scrimmy e2 Member 5363 forum postsscrimmy vcard Scotland5 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2013 - 9:18 PM

apart from the fact that I'm in a top floor flat...the last time I did that I got arrested Tongue

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95954 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2013 - 9:33 PM

Why am I not surprised ? Tongue

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54167 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jun 2013 - 1:59 PM

Cor, this is going down a storm!!! Come on peeps, make my life difficult. Grin

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95954 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jun 2013 - 2:04 PM

I keep peering in people's windows but have yet to find anything remotely interesting to photograph! Even the cats which usually sit in a window near the office are absent!

I missed a bunny hopping around in a pub window on Saturday - by the time I realised what it was the bus was moving away from the stop - and I was on the bus Sad

SlowSong
24 Jun 2013 - 6:44 PM

Well, there are shops, sheds, your own home, cars - all sorts. Smile

cattyal
24 Jun 2013 - 7:49 PM

I took a couple of pics on the way home this evening - once I've set the Monday Night Challenge running I'll see what they look like Smile

SlowSong
26 Jun 2013 - 7:00 AM

Last chance - It's Wednesday!!! Where's them windows?
Some good ones already uploaded - SmileSmileSmile

cattyal
26 Jun 2013 - 8:29 AM

Of course now I come back to the thread properly I remember that it's not a window but through a window - oops. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a better representation of the challenge and see if I can replace my effort! I'd love to see through the window I photographed but it's a wee bit too high up!

SlowSong
26 Jun 2013 - 1:50 PM

Well it did remind me of our local Odeon, now sadly demolished and transformed into a block of boring flats. The side view looked just like your pic and I often thought it was rather attractive in a strange sort of way. In fact, I think I've got a very similar image somewhere in Slowsong Vaults. Smile

Griff2012
Griff2012 e2 Member 2321 forum postsGriff2012 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jun 2013 - 1:55 PM

When the train window idea I originally wanted to try didn't work out I decided to set something up. The sunlight helped to trigger an idea. Hope you like it. Smile

cattyal
26 Jun 2013 - 7:00 PM

I'm going to put up another pic which is ' through a window' rather than 'of a window' - I'll leave the odeon one up in case anyone wonders what we're referring to here but shall mark it not for inclusion in the challenge Smile I'm not sure that the replacement pic is much of an improvement though!

SlowSong
26 Jun 2013 - 10:08 PM

Hiya all. Bit late - got caught up with The Apprentice.

Anyway, in the end it was quite a task to decide on a winner, but because I found one image in particular to be unexpected, nicely composed and cropped and all the components flowed together really well, the top shot tonight is Seeing Spots by Griff2012.
Smile

Griff2012
Griff2012 e2 Member 2321 forum postsGriff2012 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jun 2013 - 10:40 PM

That was a nice surprise, thank you, Slowsong! Your theme was a real challenge. Certainly made us all work for it! Smile
Thinking cap on - new theme will be up in a few minutes. Jacqui

wynn469
wynn469  572 forum posts Wales
26 Jun 2013 - 10:48 PM

Sorry just arrived home from work, congratulations to Griff2012 for an imaginative entry.
I have put in what I had seen today just to show I had not forgotten but late at work.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.