Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Weekly Macro Challenge - ends 8pm 22nd July 2010 - in the garden

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Stuart463
    Stuart463 e2 Member 6560 forum postsStuart463 vcard United Kingdom
    15 Jul 2012 - 8:45 PM

This week’s challenge is to produce macros taken in the garden. It can be plants, flowers, insects, garden implements, in fact anything you would normally find outdoors in the garden. Plenty of scope here so I hope it will encourage plenty of entries.

The Rules are as follows:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
    2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
    3. All images must be uploaded by 8 pm on Sunday 22nd July in the Weekly Macro Challenge group photo area.
    4. Only one upload per member.
    5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
    6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
    7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
    8. Have fun

Regards, Stuart

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Jul 2012 - 8:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Stuart463
    20 Jul 2012 - 11:10 AM

Only one entry so far - weather forecast for tomorrow (Saturday) is as we say in North 'Sun cracking the flags' so get out in the garden with the Macro lens and get your entries in by 8pm Sunday. Look forward to seeing them.
    Regards, Stuart

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96030 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jul 2012 - 11:16 AM

I'll get into the garden over the weekend - no point after work as the decent light has gone in my garden by the time I get home from work. If I knocked down both my garage and that of my neighbours then it would be ok but then we'd have nowhere to dump all our junk Smile

Stuart463
    22 Jul 2012 - 8:27 PM

What a fantastic set of uploads - a really difficult one to name a winner. Having gone through the entries several times I have eventually decided that 'Cladonia fimbriata' by JawDborn is this weeks winner. It shows us something we probably would not notice under normal circumstances and is extremely well photographed / presented.

Well done to everyone who has taken part this week, you are to be congratulated on the very high standards that have made my job so hard.

Regards to all and over to you Jack for next week.

Stuart

JawDborn
    JawDborn e2 Member 2728 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
    22 Jul 2012 - 8:44 PM

Many thanks.Stuart, and thank you for hosting. It was an enjoyable challenge.

Having caught sight of myself in the hall mirror, I am making the next challenge Ageing/Decay. Anything that indicate change(s) due to decay/ageing. Could be corrosion, wear and tear. moss, rot, false teeth, lichens ,rust, wrinkles, drooping flowers, just for example.

Have fun!

Jack

chavender
    chavender e2 Member 3210 forum postschavender vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jul 2012 - 6:30 PM

Congrats Jack.
    Great image.
    As Stuart says, not something we see on a day to day basis.

Bill

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.