Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What's your favourite wildlife? (group forum)

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

alianar 5 82 2 England
15 Jul 2010 4:44PM
very nice photos guys Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 7 2.2k 3 United Kingdom
15 Jul 2010 5:20PM
Local Kingfisher. Very strong sunlight means that the iridescence of the feathers causes a troublesome metering issue...

kf07.jpg

lawbert 7 1.8k 15 England
15 Jul 2010 5:52PM
My Favourite Bird would be the humble Chaffinch.
splendidchaff-copy.jpg

That said I have the greatest of respect and admiration of all our feathered friends....Even Pigeons!!....You cant blame them for being succesful!!Smile
Dave_E 6 125 United Kingdom
15 Jul 2010 6:04PM
I'm with mohikan in that there is something special about raptors, my favourite at the moment are the kestrel chicks I've been privileged to see develop and fledge.
But I get pleasure out of being able to see and photograph any wildlife as long as I can do it without disturbing them.
Geoffphoto 8 13.5k United Kingdom
15 Jul 2010 6:08PM

Quote:I'm with mohikan in that there is something special about raptors,

I know, they scared the cr*p out of me in Jurassic Park !!!!!!! Smile
mohikan22 10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
15 Jul 2010 6:25PM
lol
NeilS e2
7 936 United Kingdom
15 Jul 2010 6:42PM
1-img-1460.jpg

Birds

Even seagulls can be amazing
alianar 5 82 2 England
15 Jul 2010 8:04PM
i agree with you, a bird doesnt have to be beautiful to be great Grin
15 Jul 2010 8:21PM
Very true just look at a vulture! one UGLY bird but can be very intelligent and ferocious.
16 Jul 2010 1:51AM
I was going to say that my favourite wildlife is the tasty ones! I spent many years doing the other sort of shooting, prefer the camera now. I used to wonder when I heard people say that, but now I'm older, I understand. Rather watch them fly and run free. I love the pic of a bird on a fence post, but I can't decide if it's a Snipe or a Jack Snipe, I'm more experienced in the rear view as they zigzag away. I think the Snipe has longer tail feathers than the Jack Snipe but they're not clearly visible here. I remember standing on the shore of Lough Neagh with my Labrador at heel, when a Snipe flew in and proceeded to feed not two feet away. Grouse ( my long departed, never to be forgotten companion) was quivering from nose to tail, but remained steady. When the wee bird realised we were there, I swear it did a double take of the scene before giving a squawk and clearing off!
16 Jul 2010 8:45AM
Just by mear chance THIS is what i meant by ferocious ........I hope he is well too.
cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
21 Jul 2010 5:04PM
my favourite wildlife are the one's that sit still whilst I take a photo Wink
King of the Castle
peggyb 5 7 United States
8 Nov 2010 2:21PM
Lions, whether they are in the wild or captive. They are so majestic and offer great photo opportunities. Here a a few I've taken:

mother-lion.jpg

Taken in Kenya

untitled-3.jpg

Taken in Tanzania

untitled-2.jpg

Also Tanzania
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2010 4:43PM
I don't think I have a particular favourite species but I do like shots that show behaviour rather than more static record shots (that's not to say that I don't do a lot of the latter Wink )

If pushed to make a choice I suppose it would have to be Baboons (but my shots are really captive animals, not "Wildlife" as we don't have many free-roaming baboons in Dorset (a few driving cars round here though! Tongue )

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.