Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more
Can't Access your Account?
New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
+ I like anything nautical
+ lots of strong lines going in the same direction
+ concentration on small part of boat/detail
- very dark bottom left
- I tried a l0 degree anti-clockwise rotation, allowing the mast to go into the top right corner/it looks ok but has too much blank canvas around it to make a good crop/perhaps less of a drastic tilt at the time of shooting?
- not sure if it would have been possible to avoid the bottom railings and orange "thingy" intruding into bottom of frame
Thanks Pam .... i struggled with this shot , no matter how i turned the camera or which lens i used i couldn't get it all in the frame.( i need a wide angle lens, on my shopping list ) So i just got as much as i could and this is the result.
+ Good detail
+ Interesting subject
+ Nice vibrant colours with some pop to them
- Seems a bit underexposed, feel if it was a bit lighter more detail could be shown in the bottom left hand corner
- Viewpoint, I can't stop myself from tilting my head to one side when I look at the shot
- I think I would have liked to see the stern of the yacht too.
Interesting shot Sam, lots to look at. I like the processing.
I like the way this shot turned out now after looking at it afew times. It reminds me of some of the crazy camera angles you use to get in the old Batman tv series back in the 60's !!! maybe your to young to know what i'm talking about !! lol .... I just wish i could have to whole boat on the shot, i was stood on a little platform and i couldn't move much and thats why it ended up as it did.
Your comments about the exspoure do make sense and i'm the first to admit that processing my pic's is still in the early days !! ( i'm not any good at it in other words .....lol ) But i do like the image as it is although as said that dark corner is abit awkward and distracting. Anyway thankyou for taking the time to look at it and give your thoughts on it , i do appriciate it
ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.
You must be a member to leave a comment
Get the latest photography news straight from ePHOTOzine in your email every month and win prizes!
1st March 2015 - 31st March 2015
Check out ePHOTOzine's inspirational photo month calendar! Each day click on a window to unveil new photography tips, treats and techniques.
View March's Photo Month Calendar