Bridges over the River Tyne, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England.
The first bridge is the 'Tyne Bridge' a through arch bridge that has become a defining symbol of Tyneside and was officially opened on the 10th October 1928 by King George V.
The red bridge is called the 'Swing Bridge' and was built in 1876 and stands on the site of the old Tyne bridges 1270 and 1781, and probably the Roman built Pon Aelius dating from 122AD. The next is the 'High Level Bridge' which is a road and railway bridge built in 1849. The blue bridge in the background is the 'Queen Elizabeth II Bridge' which was built in 1981 to carry the Tyne & Wear Metro between Newcastle & Gateshead.
|Date Taken:||13 Jul 2010 - 9:22 AM|