Brograve drainage mill is located on Brograve Levels, beside the New Waxham Cut. Constructed of red brick this tower mill was built in 1771 by Sir Berney Brograve, 1st Baronet (1726-1797) for the purpose of draining the Brograve Levels into the Waxham New Cut. The mill once had a boat-shaped cap with a petticoat and an 8-bladed fantail with a tailpole, and it carried two pairs of patent shuttered sails which powered an internal turbine pump. It is believed to have been disused since the 1930s. Today only two stocks and two stubs of the original sails remain.
Seen here is a Photo taken with ice covering the dikes.