Recently cleaned stonework makes this fine building stand out.
Quote: A fine Gothic church in perpendicular style. Built of Scrabo ashlar stone with pinnacled buttresses and square tower at entrance. The stained glass with tracery infil is worthy of note. Listed building.
There were 1000 Church of Ireland adherents in Newtownards in 1816 so a new church was built in 1817 in the Gothic style. This church replaced an older church (Priory, above) in the south of the town. Rev. Mark Cassidy was rector for 31 years until 1839. It was described in 1836 as the prettiest building in town. It cost £5446 of which £831 was a gift and £3692 a loan from Board of First Fruits. The rest came from Lord Londonderry .