Yesterday we decided to attempt our first munro (mountain over 3,000ft) since Phil's knee replacement op last March and would've made it to the top if we hadn't been thwarted by the weather.
As you can see, the cloud was fairly low and we had brief periods when the sun shone through followed by showers. At lower level the showers were just drizzle, but as we got higher up the mountain the wind was stronger and the showers became increasingly wintry. This image was taken from about 2,500 ft on the way up. Soon after this the ground was covered in ice and snow requiring us to fit spikes to be able to stand on it. However visibility was almost nonexistent so we decided it was safer to turn back and try again another day.
When we got back, we checked the GPS and discovered that we made it to 2,965ft. Oh well, I wouldn't have got any photos from the top anyway as it was covered in cloud so hopefully the visibility will be better next time we head up there.
Many thanks for your votes and comments on my recent uploads.
|Camera:||Canon EOS 40D |
|Recording media:||RAW (digital)|
|Date Taken:||12 Feb 2012 - 1:26 PM|
|Lens Max Aperture:||f/5.7|
|Flash:||Off, Did not fire|