Thanks for all the C&Cs on 'Shared Ears'. This is the magnificent parish church at Long Melford, Suffolk where the 'Three Hares' window can be found.
The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity,was largely constructed between 1467 and 1497 in the late Perpendicular Gothic style. It is a noted example of a Suffolk medieval wool church, founded and financed by wealthy wool merchants in the medieval period as impressive visual statements of their prosperity.
The church structure is highly regarded by many observers. Its cathedral-like proportions and distinctive style, along with its many original features that survived the religious upheavals of the 16th and 17th centuries, have attracted critical acclaim. Journalist and author Sir Simon Jenkins, Chairman of the National Trust, included the church in his 1999 book “England’s 1000 Finest Churches”. He awarded it a maximum of 5 stars, one of only 18 to be so rated.
|Camera:||Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ45 |
|Recording media:||JPEG (digital)|
|Date Taken:||27 May 2012 - 12:56 AM|
|Lens Max Aperture:||f/2.8|
|Flash:||Off, Did not fire|