At the outbreak of the Second World War a decision was taken by officials of the Bankers Clearing House to move the Central Clearing House from London to Trentham, where it would occupy the ballroom and banqueting suite.
The move was made on 26th August 1939 and the Central Clearing House remained at Trentham until 1945.
In 1974 the Clearing Banks decided that the wartime activities of the Central Clearing Houses should be commemorated by means of a sculpture. on 24th February 1976 the completed sculpture was unveiled and presented to the Countess of Sutherland by Sir Eric Faulkner, MBE, Chairman of Lloyds Bank, on behalf of the Committee of London Clearing Banks.
This statue represents the rim
of a 50p coin with the crests of
the clearing banks of the time
shown on the six visible sides
and enveloping Embryo Man.
It symbolises the all-embracing
concern of the clearing banks
for the financial well-being
of their customers
|Camera:||Canon Eos 40D |
|Lens:||Sigma 10 - 20mm |
|Recording media:||RAW (digital)|