Killevy is the site of one of Ireland's most important early convents founded by St. Moninna in the 5th Century.
Although plundered by the Vikings in 923 A.D., monastic life continued and the Augustinian Nuns occupied the site until 1542. The large stone in the Northern part of the graveyard traditionally marks her burial place. The two Churches (to the left of this shot) are aligned east/west and are linked by later walling, giving the impression of a single, very long building. To the southwest, higher up the mountain, is the Saint's holy well.
Very spooky when it starts to get dark.