Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
davart's Gallery Comments
Nice one Ade, you've made Headingley look like some giant shopping mall in the states. I like the processing, it does give 70's look. Come around at end of term time for some street photography and you will get a completely different feel. There will be hordes of super heroes, ceasers, ninja turtes, smurfs and various walking, stumbling, weaving about drunk vegetables to photograph - if you dare.
This is a superb shot. The thumbnail doesn't do it justice so may not get as many clicks as it deserves. The great detail of the rocks at the bottom really comes through the bigger you see it and just adds that extra dimension that lifts it into a great bit photography. I love big stopper shots like this. Well done.
Wow Ade, judging from this and previous shots in the series, you really do know how to treat a girl.
Really nice colours and tones. I like the composition with the main flowerhead. I would have removed the two leaves sticking into the bottom part of the image, they distract the eye away from the flower head and its gorgeous colours. Without the leaves it would have been a serene and beautiful composition (well.. for me anyway).
Great shot Ade. You've captured the fun of being a kid and thats about 90% of the art of the image. The other 10% is the technical bits which I can't comment on, see' in as I'm still learnin them, but I would hazard a guess that tweeking the technical stuff to perfection would add just about nothing to the shot and what it conveys.
Hey Ade. I like the high key portrait. Your becoming a damn good strobist. The only thing that might have been worth trying is using a white reflector for the hair and back - less harsh than using a strobe.