Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Trophallaxis drop

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Add Comment

Adult ants can not eat solid food. They feed each other with a nutritious liquid. It is called trophallaxis. In the picture you can see an ant that has just been given another ant a "meal" with the liquid.

Brand:Sony
Camera:Sony A300
Recording media:JPEG (digital)
Date Taken:3 Nov 2011 - 8:26 PM
Focal Length:105mm
Lens Max Aperture:f/2.8
Aperture:f/7.1
Shutter Speed:1/125sec
Exposure Comp:0.0
ISO:100
Exposure Mode:Aperture-priority AE
Metering Mode:Center-weighted average
Flash:On, Fired
Title:Trophallaxis drop
Username:Flykt Flykt
Uploaded:26 Jun 2012 - 9:13 PM
Tags:Close-up / macro
VS Mode Rating 101 (100% won)
These stats show the percentage of wins and the rating score that your photo has achieved. You can go to the VS Mode by clicking on this icon.

Signup to e2

Signup to e2 to see which photo this has won or lost against in the vs mode
Votes:18

Comments

tonyng
tonyng e2 Member 4tonyng vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jun 2012 - 10:14 PM

Super macro. Smile

Nominating Constructive Critique

Please ensure that you understand what is meant by Constructive Critique - see FAQ here. If you still wish to nominate this comment click Yes

TonyDy
TonyDy e2 Member 5TonyDy vcard United Kingdom
26 Jun 2012 - 10:32 PM

Stunning macro, Helena.
Tony

Nominating Constructive Critique

Please ensure that you understand what is meant by Constructive Critique - see FAQ here. If you still wish to nominate this comment click Yes

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84257 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2012 - 6:10 AM

A brilliant shot, showing fascinating ant behaviour!

Nominating Constructive Critique

Please ensure that you understand what is meant by Constructive Critique - see FAQ here. If you still wish to nominate this comment click Yes

alansnap
alansnap e2 Member 10528 forum postsalansnap vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2012 - 11:31 AM

Stunning photography and interesting zoology too.
ALan

Nominating Constructive Critique

Please ensure that you understand what is meant by Constructive Critique - see FAQ here. If you still wish to nominate this comment click Yes

Flykt
Flykt  2 Sweden
28 Jun 2012 - 3:58 PM

Thank You so much! Smile

Regards/Helena


Quote: Super macro. Smile

Nominating Constructive Critique

Please ensure that you understand what is meant by Constructive Critique - see FAQ here. If you still wish to nominate this comment click Yes

Flykt
Flykt  2 Sweden
28 Jun 2012 - 3:59 PM

Thank You so much Tony for comment! Smile

Regards/Helena


Quote: Stunning macro, Helena.
Tony

Nominating Constructive Critique

Please ensure that you understand what is meant by Constructive Critique - see FAQ here. If you still wish to nominate this comment click Yes

Flykt
Flykt  2 Sweden
28 Jun 2012 - 4:00 PM

Thank You a lot Karen for comment! Smile

Regards/Helena


Quote: A brilliant shot, showing fascinating ant behaviour!

Nominating Constructive Critique

Please ensure that you understand what is meant by Constructive Critique - see FAQ here. If you still wish to nominate this comment click Yes

Flykt
Flykt  2 Sweden
28 Jun 2012 - 4:00 PM

Thank You so much! Smile

Regards/Helena


Quote: Stunning photography and interesting zoology too.
ALan

Nominating Constructive Critique

Please ensure that you understand what is meant by Constructive Critique - see FAQ here. If you still wish to nominate this comment click Yes

Tibetan
Tibetan  2 England
18 Sep 2012 - 2:25 PM

You know your stuff Brilliant will put this to favourite so I can find you again, plus it's a great shot, regards Leon. anybody seen any ants!.......GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Nominating Constructive Critique

Please ensure that you understand what is meant by Constructive Critique - see FAQ here. If you still wish to nominate this comment click Yes

Flykt
Flykt  2 Sweden
18 Sep 2012 - 3:18 PM

Thanks so much for Your nice comment,Grin it is appreciated and makes me happy. Now I'm eager to shoot new pictures of ants SmileWinkSmile Thank You!

Regards/Helena

quote]You know your stuff Brilliant will put this to favourite so I can find you again, plus it's a great shot, regards Leon. anybody seen any ants!.......GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin
[/quote]

Nominating Constructive Critique

Please ensure that you understand what is meant by Constructive Critique - see FAQ here. If you still wish to nominate this comment click Yes

- Original Poster Comments
- Your Posts

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.