Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
You know what really gets my goat??!!10/12/2008 - 11:33 PM
Why on earth does it have to plague us with it's miserable existence? An ordinary walk to the shop becomes an instant challenge, that is to not slip up on the ice disguised within the tarmac.
To defeat this natural obstacle you need to tread with caution, follow these steps to reach the shops with success:
- Slow your pace, this way your movement isn't increasing the chances of slipping.
- Put on shoes with soles that are most capable to grip to the floor, this was my biggest mistake as the trainers I was wearing was new and not designed for ice.
- The pathways are a game, select ones in which to roam wisely as the variety of different surfaces are one of the biggest contributing factors to slipping and eventual, inevitable accidents that you'd want to avoid.
- The time of day could be critical to the eventual likelihood of ice manifestation. During the afternoon for example, the ice may have had time to melt (providing weather permits) and ease of walking without fear is enabled.
- Bikes are completely out of the question, unless you're a trained stunt person willing to take a professional fall.
- Cars are beneficial but not completely safe, of course, with speed lowered safety is increased.
We have to be careful folks, lets not let this damn ice get the better of us!