This is the Chapter House of Cockersands Abbey which was a Premontratensian Abbey founded in 1190 called St Mary's of the Marsh. The abbey grew and became one of the richest houses in Lancashire. Henry VIII then closed the Abbey and its land was sold as part of his dissolution of the monasteries [1536-40]. The remnants of a wall in the foreground is all that remains of the Leper Hospital.
Exposure Time: 1/250 sec
FNumber: f 9