Photo merge of two images, one was taken while there was still some light and the other was taken to capture the twilight before being merged into one image.
Breedon Priory, formerly known as St. Mary and St. Hardulph.
In A.D. 676 an Anglo-Saxon Monastery was established on the hilltop, by Mercian King Aethelred,
It was from this building that the remarkable array of Anglo-saxon carved stonework was salvaged, which can be seen in the Church today. But in A.D. 874, the community was attacked by pagan Danish and Norse invaders and buildings looted and despoiled.
The next major step came in A.D. 1122 with the arrival of a Prior and five Canons from Nostell Priory in Yorkshire, who established an Augustian Priory on the site and it is the Nave and North Aisle of this building which survive as the Parish Church of today, restored in later centuries, but still retaining much of its 12th century design and styling.
|Camera:||Nikon D700 Check out Nikon Nation!|
|Lens:||16.0-35.0 mm f/4.0 |
|Recording media:||JPEG (digital)|
|Date Taken:||6 Oct 2012 - 7:03 PM|
|Lens Max Aperture:||f/4.0|
|White Balance:||As Shot|