One image out a photo shoot at Kinneil House, Bo'ness - Scotland. The Model is Adele and deserves a big thanks
The Kinneil Estate is these days almost forgotten but dates back to 1323, when the Land around here was given to Walter Fitzgilbert of Hamildon, the head of the family which later produced the Dukes of Hamilton.
In the late 1400s or early 1500s the small tower house was enlarged into a very much larger tower house. As the 1500s progressed the need for defence became less important than the need for comfort, and in 1553 James Hamilton, 2nd Earl of Arran built a palace a little way from the tower house to its north east. Then, in 1667, William, Duke of Hamilton and Duchess Anne launched a major expansion of Kinneil House that saw the tower house and palace joined together by means of one of the two decorative towers they built, flanking the original tower house. Within a century, however, the Hamiltons had ceased to use Kinneil, and rented it out to tenants. At various times these included John Roebuck, owner of the Carron Iron Works, and the philosopher Dugald Stewart, who wrote a number of his works while living here.
In 1769 and 1770 James Watt worked here from a little Cottage behind the main Building to undertake experiments to develop a more efficient steam engine capable of pumping water out of deep coal mines under the River Forth.
|Camera:||Canon EOS 7D |
|Recording media:||JPEG (digital)|
|Date Taken:||25 Jun 2011 - 12:50 PM|
|Lens Max Aperture:||f/4.4|
|Exposure Mode:||Aperture-priority AE|
|Flash:||Off, Did not fire|