This August bank holiday weekend there are loads of great events happening for you to get out and photograph. Here's our round up of some of the best events going off this bank holiday weekend.
1) Notting Hill Carnival
– One of the biggest, brightest, busiest festivals in the UK, this Caribbean festival takes place in the Notting Hill area of London. Get there early and plan your journey, because it gets extremely busy. Some great shots can be taken here – Take a look at our article on carnival photography
2) Cardiff Harbour Festival-
This festival is all about boats and fishing, with some stunning looking tall ships. The festival will be a great opportunity for some sea faring shots, and there's lots on offer for the whole family, from singing sea shanties to the British fish craft championships on Sunday.
There are lots on interesting things you can photograph at festival destinations.
3) Harewood House
– This stately home in Yorkshire (pictured above) is host to an extensive family show, including music, children's trails, craft stalls, dog agility shows and much more. The event is on Sunday and Monday, and is a great opportunity to take some photographs in a stunning setting.
4) Shrewsbury steam engine and vintage rally
– If you're in to steam engines and machinery, then this could be the festival for you. It takes place at Onslow park, and has everything from steam engines to vintage buses and bikes, along with a funfair and birds of prey displays.
5) Manchester Pride
– This festival is guaranteed to be full of colourful characters, and if you live up north is a great alternative to Notting Hill. If you like vibrancy and big crowds then this is the place for you this weekend. There are events going off all over the city, including performances by Bananarama, Little Boots, and lots more.