Adobe Photoshop CS6 and Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended will be available within 30 days with an estimated street price of £556 (ex. VAT) for Photoshop CS6 and £794 (ex. VAT) for Photoshop CS6 Extended.
Photoshop CS6 features include:
- Content-Aware Patch – Allows greater control by letting users choose the sample area used to create a patch.
- Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine – Takes advantage of the graphics processing unit in modern hardware to speed up imaging and editing tasks, and process large images faster.
- New and Re-engineered Design Tools – Type styles enable consistent formatting; vector layers apply strokes and add gradients to vector objects; custom strokes and dashed lines are easily created; quick layers search and more.
- Intuitive Video Creation – The full range of familiar Photoshop tools and an intuitive set of new video tools to create and enhance any video clip.
- Blur Gallery – A simple new interface with on-image and in-context controls allows users to quickly create photographic blur effects including tilt-shift effects, blur everything with one focal point, or vary the blurriness between multiple focal points.
As well as the above, the Extended version includes:
- Mercury Graphics Engine for 3D – Increased power and speed via engine optimised for 3D imaging.
- New 3D Controls – UI improvements for more efficient 3D workflows.
- New 3D Effects – Reflections and “drag-able” shadows to enhance images.
Adobe have also announced Adobe Creative Cloud, a subscription-based hub for making, sharing and delivering creative work.
Adobe Creative Cloud highlights:
- Creative Cloud membership provides users with access to download and install every new Adobe CS6 application announced today and two new HTML5 products, Adobe Muse™ and Adobe Edge preview.
- Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s creative tablet applications†, such as Photoshop Touch, into everyday work - seamlessly synchronising and storing files in the cloud for sharing and access on any device.
- Creative Cloud members will be able to easily deliver mobile apps to iOS and Android marketplaces and publish, manage and host websites.
- Adobe Creative Cloud members will have access to application upgrades, including new CS point-product features, before they are launched as part of major CS updates, as well as inventive new products and services as they emerge.
- Adobe Creative Cloud membership is £38.11 ex VAT per month, with an annual contract. A special introductory offer of £22.23 ex VAT per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available.
- Adobe Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s line of creative touch tools with CS6 desktop applications.
- Creative Cloud publishing services will include the ability to easily publish apps, magazines and catalogues to iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
- Creative Cloud members will receive ongoing updates to Creative Suite applications as well as other new products and services as they emerge.
The launch event for Adobe Creative Cloud and CS6 will be streamed live beginning at 6pm GMT, April 23 on Adobe's website
for more information.