Adobe Releases Lightroom Update With RAW HDR, Speed Improvements, Panoramas & More

Adobe Releases Lightroom Update With RAW HDR, Speed Improvements, Panoramas & More  - Adobe has updated its Creative Cloud Photography plan with the introduction of Lightroom CC.

 Add Comment

Adobe Photoshop


Lightroom CC

 

Adobe has introduced its latest version of Lightroom - Lightroom CC. The new version brings performance improvements, a RAW HDR feature, facial recognition and more. Adobe is promoting the £8.57 per month membership to the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan which includes desktop, web and mobile versions of Lightroom but a standalone version of the update (Lightroom 6) is also available for £103.88 incl. VAT. Those who own previous versions of Lightroom can upgrade to the latest version for £59.09. 

Here's what's new in the software:

 

Performance Improvement & GPU Enhancements

According to Adobe, speed improvements mean the software is now 10 times faster and unlike previous versions, the software now uses your computer's graphics processing unit.

 

Lightroom CC

 

Lightroom CC

 

Lightroom CC

 

HDR Merge

Combine multiple shots in Lightroom CC taken at different exposures to create a single HDR image that can be created as a RAW file. 

 

 

Panorama Merge

Capture RAW panoramas by stitching multiple images together in Lightroom CC. 

 

 

Facial Recognition

This feature allows users to quickly find and categories images of friends and family. 

 

 

Slideshow Improvements

Photos, video and music can be combined to create slideshows directly in Lightroom CC. Effects such as pan and zoom can also be applied. 

 

 

Hidden Gems

As discussed in the below video,  other improvements include faster performance, better local adjustment tools, HTML 5 compatible web galleries and more. 

 

 

Visit the Adobe Lightroom CC website for more information. 


View Directory Page : Adobe Systems Europe Ltd.
Join ePHOTOzine and remove these ads.

Explore More

Comments


ChrisV Plus
12 2.3k 26 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2015 12:17PM
Think I'll steer clear of the 'wed' version - I prefer a more flexible arrangement with my software. [That's only half a joke - I don't like the idea of renting software].

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

22 Apr 2015 12:57PM

Quote:Think I'll steer clear of the 'wed' version - I prefer a more flexible arrangement with my software. [That's only half a joke - I don't like the idea of renting software].


Fixed - thanks.

There's a desktop only version available for 103.88 incl. VAT.
Railcam Plus
12 722 2 Scotland
22 Apr 2015 1:17PM
I take that it is CC or full version only. No update version for about 60 for existing LR users as in the past?
22 Apr 2015 2:00PM

Quote:I take that it is CC or full version only. No update version for about 60 for existing LR users as in the past?


I've just added Lightroom 6 to my shopping cart on the Adobe website and if you click edit, there's an option to switch from 'Full' to 'Upgrade'. You then have to select which previous product you own for it to show you the upgrade cost which is 59.09 (this is the same no matter what previous version you own). You then save your changes and continue to checkout.

I hope that helps and I'll add the upgrade pricing info to the news item as well.
ChrisV Plus
12 2.3k 26 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2015 3:54PM
Excellent - I have V4 [which I've never used]. Seeing what 'Photos' has to offer I think it's time to bite the bullet and abandon Aperrture. 59 makes the pill a fair bit sweeter.
Railcam Plus
12 722 2 Scotland
22 Apr 2015 5:13PM

Quote:I've just added Lightroom 6 to my shopping cart on the Adobe website and if you click edit, there's an option to switch from 'Full' to 'Upgrade'. You then have to select which previous product you own for it to show you the upgrade cost which is 59.09 (this is the same no matter what previous version you own). You then save your changes and continue to checkout.

I hope that helps and I'll add the upgrade pricing info to the news item as well.



That is excellent news. Thank you.
Big Bri Plus
17 16.5k United Kingdom
22 Apr 2015 9:44PM
Anyone know if you can download and install a trial version without damaging the existing version?

I'm not interested in a lot of the new features, but would like to test the performance improvements. If it's really ten times faster, I might upgrade just for that.
23 Apr 2015 9:59AM

Quote:Anyone know if you can download and install a trial version without damaging the existing version?


The Adobe website says: "New product version trials do not overwrite existing versions. You can have two versions of the same product running simultaneously on your computer."
Big Bri Plus
17 16.5k United Kingdom
23 Apr 2015 10:20AM
Thanks Nikita.
Big Bri Plus
17 16.5k United Kingdom
24 Apr 2015 7:52PM
I can't see any way of downloading a trial of standalone LR 6. It's hard enough finding the link to buy it.
27 Apr 2015 8:23AM

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.