Canon today strengthens their Digital IXUS range with the launch of two new 10Mp models: the Digital IXUS 90 IS and Digital IXUS 85 IS. Both models feature Canon’s lens-shift type optical Image Stabilizer (IS) for exceptional image quality, while expressing very distinct design styles. The solid, chiselled Digital IXUS 90 IS is enhanced by a powerful shape and seamless build; while the soft minimalism of the Digital IXUS 85 IS reflects a glimmering, understated elegance.
The two models share the core imaging prowess at the heart of Digital IXUS photography. In addition to their 3x optical zoom lenses with IS, the cameras feature enhanced auto focus performance for low-light shooting. Both cameras include Motion Detection Technology, which works in tandem with IS to reduce all kinds of blur, and Face Detection Technology with Face Select & Track and Face Detection White Balance for accurate, natural-looking people shots in all situations. Bright, clear PureColor LCD II screens (3in Digital IXUS 90 IS, 2.5in Digital IXUS 85 IS) enhance the user experience thanks to their wide viewing angle, high contrast easy-view displays, and glare-resistant coatings.
“The design versatility of Digital IXUS is clearly demonstrated by these two new models,” said Mogens Jensen, Head of Canon Consumer Imaging, Europe. “These are cameras that enable users to express their individuality, both in the model they choose, and the images they make.”
Digital IXUS 90 IS and Digital IXUS 85 IS main features:
- Solid, chiselled design with flat control panel (Digital IXUS 90 IS)
- Rounded square design with bold details in piano key black or silver (Digital IXUS 85 IS)
- 10.0Mp image sensor
- 3x optical zoom lens with optical Image Stabilizer (IS)
- High ISO Auto with Motion Detection Technology
- Face Detection Technology with White Balance and Face Select & Track
- Digic III with Noise Reduction Technology
- Automatic Red-Eye Correction in shooting and playback
- 2.5in PureColor LCD II (85 IS), 3.0in PureColor LCD II (90 IS)
- Optical Viewfinder (85 IS)
- Enhanced auto focus performs at up to 1-stop darker
- 19 shooting modes including new Sunset mode and My Colors photo effects
- Extensive movie options including VGA 30f/p/s, Long Play and Time Lapse movie modes
- Optional accessories include Waterproof Case, Soft Case and High Powered Flash
- Easy printing with PictBridge and quick print order settings in playback mode
Pricing and availability:
- The Digital IXUS 90 IS is available from late March priced at £259.00 inc. VAT.
- The Digital IXUS 85 IS is available from late March priced at £239.00 inc. VAT.
For more information, please visit the Canon website.