SilverFast SE features enhanced scanning functionality, intelligent automatic operations, and highly controllable colour from preview.
Together with the CanoScan 9950F and CanoScan 8400F, SilverFast SE gives the demanding photo professional more power to control the scanning process, reducing the requirement for post-scan image corrections.
SilverFast SE Highlights
- Advanced interfaces for gradation curves and histograms give the user more power for setting and adjusting tonality and colour intensity. Instant feedback is provided via the real time preview panel
- Selective Colour Correction means that users can localise colour adjustments to a specific colour value, without affecting the rest of the image. Users may also apply masks and layers for even greater image control
- Global colour correction allows simple manual addition or removal of colour casting
- NegaFix provides advanced, intelligent, options when scanning from a film negative. Film type, ISO speed, and exposure level can all be adjusted
- Integrated QuickTime tutorials enable the user to quickly and easily understand and benefit from all of SilverFast SE’s functionality. Tutorials are available in all dialogue boxes
Other SilverFast SE Highlights
- Adaptive Colour Restoration ACR
- Smart Removal of Defects SRD1
- Real time correction
- GANE – Grain and Noise Elimination
- USM (Unsharp Masking)
- Simple Colour Management (CMS)
- Automatic Descreening
SilverFast SE can be used as a stand-alone application or as a Plug-in for Photoshop. The software can be upgraded to SilverFast Ai at any time.
SilverFast SE is designed to enable any user to obtain brilliant results, quickly. It is compatible with the following: Windows XP, 2000, Windows 98/ME with 128 MB RAM or more and 50 MB free hard disk space. MacOS X or later, 64 MB RAM, 50 MB free hard disk space. SilverFast can be launched as stand-alone, an Adobe Photoshop 5.5 or later plug-in, or as Twain driver.
Further product details and information on how to buy products can be found at www.SilverFast.com.
CanoScan 9950F A4 flatbed scanner
The 9950F is the flagship of the CanoScan range. Featuring 4800 x 9600dpi with 48 bit colour depth and a 30-frame capacity for 35mm filmstrips the 9950F delivers unparalleled scanning productivity. The 9950F also incorporates an aspheric element lens – Canon’s own ‘Super-Toric’ lens – for unsurpassed levels of clarity, contrast and image quality.
A fast scan engine, moving backlight FAU, extremely efficient light capture system and USB 2.0 Hi–Speed / IEEE1394 FireWire connection combine to deliver super-quick 3.6 second previews and exceptionally fast scan times. The slim contours, aluminium hairline finish and robust build of the 9950F are consistent with its position at the top of the CanoScan range.
As well as a 30-frame capacity film-guide for 35mm film, up to 12 mounted slides, 120 roll film guide (sizes up to 6 x 22cm) and 4x5” are also supported.
CanoScan 8400F A4 flatbed scanner
Featuring 3200 x 6400dpi and a high capacity Film Adapter Unit (FAU), the 8400F sits just below the 9950F in the CanoScan range and delivers exceptionally detailed and accurate professional film scans. The 8400F is designed for maximum productivity with its new super fast scan engine. A moving light source within the FAU and a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connection adds to the scanner’s fast speeds.
The 8400F can scan 35mm film (up to 12 frames), mounted transparencies (up to 4 slides), or 120 roll film (wide range - up to 6 x 22 cm) in a single operation.
Adobe PhotoShop Elements 2.0 (award winning software based on the professional Adobe PhotoShop) and ScanSoft OmniPage SE (Optical Character Recognition) applications are also included with both scanners.
The 8400F and 9950F are compatible with contemporary Windows and Mac OS systems.