The Canon EOS-1D Mark III was voted European Professional Camera 2007-2008; the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens was named European Professional Lens 2007-2008; and the Canon PowerShot G7 triumphed as the European Advanced Compact Camera 2007-2008. The three awards underline Canon’s leadership position in the Western European D-SLR and digital camera markets.
“Canon is delighted to be honoured by the EISA Photo Panel,” said Mogens Jensen, Head of Canon Consumer Imaging Europe. “These three awards are a worthy reflection of our commitment to innovation and imaging excellence that runs through all of our product groups.”
European Professional Camera 2007-2008: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
The world’s fastest D-SLR camera – capable of an incredible 110 frame burst at 10 frames per second – has re-written the rulebook for high-speed, professional photography. Built to withstand the toughest conditions, the camera has swiftly gained a reputation for its unique combination of durability and power.
- 10.1Mp APS-H CMOS sensor
- 110 frame burst at 10 fps
- Dual Digic III processors for high-speed, high resolution performance
- 14-bit image processing
- 19-point auto focus system
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System
European Professional Lens 2007-2008: Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Compact and lightweight, the EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens incorporates a four stop Image Stabilizer for optimum low-light performance. Convenient proportions and supreme image quality have made the lens a favourite among professional photographers who need to travel light.
- Compact lightweight body – 760g, 172mm in length
- Four stop Image Stabiliser with two modes
- 1x Fluorite and 2x UD lens elements for superior optical performance
- Ring type USM auto focus with full time manual override
- Circular aperture diaphragm for pleasing background blur
- Environmental seals for dust and moisture resistance
European Advanced Compact Camera 2007-2008: Canon PowerShot G7
Combining a classic rangefinder design with an extensive feature set, the PowerShot G7 digital compact camera has proved a hit with amateur users looking to take their photography to the next level. The power of 10Mp imaging and DIGIC III processing is complemented by 25 shooting modes – ranging from automatic to full manual controls.
- 6x optical zoom with optical Image Stabilizer
- Digic III with advanced Noise Reduction technology
- Face Detection AF/AE
- 2.5in high resolution LCD with wide viewing angle
- ISO 1600 for flash-free, low light shooting
Established in 1982, EISA is Europe’s premier consumer technology awards association. Its expert voting panel comprises editors-in-chief from nearly 50 leading photo, video, audio, home theatre, convergence and mobile electronics magazines across 18 European countries.