The extra-large 2.7” TFT colour display is Casio's biggest screen ever and perfect for framing and viewing without compromising the compact and sleek design. The EX-Z57 features 5 megapixels and a 3x optical zoom lens. The extra-long battery life of approximately 400 shots (CIPA standards) on a single battery charge assures users that they can enjoy shooting and sharing at their pictures over and over again without ever worrying about running out of power.
• Extra-large, easy-to-view 2.7” digital interface TFT colour LCD that brings out the true quality of images.
• High-resolution images captured by the CCD with 5.0 million effective pixels.
• 3x optical zoom lens in a very compact design.
• Sleek, stylish lightweight aluminum body with an ergonomic grip
• Same battery life as the EX-Z55, but with a larger 2.7” LCD
• Approximately 400 shots can be taken on a single battery charge (CIPA standard s ).
• Automatic selection of Auto Pan Focus mode for quick response when the shutter is depressed in one push.
• Direct On function for one-touch start up in either picture recording or playback modes.
• High-speed startup enables shooting approximately 1 . 6 seconds* 1 after the power is turned on.
• Shutter release lag time of only 0.01 sec onds means images are recorded approximately 0. 01 seconds after the shutter is released.* 2
• High-speed playback of approx. 0.1sec . interval between images (scroll though 100 images in 10 secs).
• Business Shot function compensates for photos taken at an angle and records them as though taken from straight ahead, useful for taking pictures of white boards and business cards.
• “Bestshot” allows settings to be chosen by selecting from a collection of sample images.
• Extended shooting of video with sound can be performed until the memory is full.
• Noise Reduction p rocessing makes night scenes more true.
• Auto Macro function enables automatic switching between Macro and AF modes.
• 7-point Multi-Auto Focus automatically selects the optimum focus point location.
• Flash Assist function provides exposure compensation for areas not reached by the flash.
• Icon Help function uses on-screen pop-up guides to help the user when switching settings.
Features for fun
• Voice recording function with playback from the camera's in-built speaker.
• Photostand feature allowing a slideshow of images while the camera sits in its cradle.
• Calendar function shows thumbnail images of photos taken on any specified date.
• World Time function allows the camera to be set to the local time in one of 162 cities in 32 time zones.
• Store special photos or those you don't want others to see in your own Favourites folder.
• Create HTML albums in the camera that which can be viewed directly by Web browsers.
• The colour LCD with two levels of brightness to choose from to suit users' needs.
• Connects directly to compatible printers via PictBridge and USB Direct-Print.
• 9.3MB internal memory, compatible with SD memory card / Multi Media Card.
• Menu display can be set in 10 languages, including Chinese (simplified and traditional), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
• Photo Loader software for automatic image transfer to a PC at the touch of a single button via USB cradle.
• Compatible with ExifPrint (Exif 2.2) and Print Image Matching III .
*1: with internal flash off, using internal memory
*2: with internal flash off
Casio's camera are now well known worldwide for their advanced miniaturisation and digital technology. The entire range encompasses slim, compact bodies coupled with the latest in digital imaging, making them faster, smaller, and more powerful. Casio's unique developments, such as the EXILIM Engine and Super Life battery technology, along with sleek design put the Casio EXILIM cameras at the cutting edge of the digital camera world.
Price and availablity
The camera will be available in the UK from the beginning of April 2005. Recommended retail price will be confirmed closer to the time of availability.