Casio EXILIM EX-Z1050Press release:
Casio Electronics Co. Ltd. and its parent company Casio Computer Co.
Ltd., announced the release of the EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1050, the latest
addition to its stylish series of EXILIM digital cameras. Featuring a
newly developed, high-performance, image-processing module, Casio's new
EX-Z1050 makes it even easier to enjoy shooting super-high resolution,
10.1 megapixel images.
Last year, Casio released the revolutionary EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1000, the
first digital camera in the world to deliver 10.1 megapixel resolution
in a size that fits easily in the palm of the hand. The EX-Z1000 won
acclaim for making it simpler than ever to capture images at a
remarkably high resolution, and its trend-setting performance created a
brand new market.
Casio developed the new EX-Z1050, as stylish and slim as any EXILIM, to
enable an even greater variety of people to enjoy photography at the
super high-resolution of 10.1 megapixels. At this amazing level of
detail, photos print crystal-clear even in large sizes or when trimmed
to show just part of the image. The EX-Z1050 is even smaller than the
EX-Z1000, but features Casio's generous new 2.6 inch Wide and Bright
LCD display. The camera's lightweight aluminium construction makes it a
breeze to carry and gives it an unforgettable look.
The EX-Z1050 is more than just convenient and stylish: this camera is a
truly high-performance device. It is built with the highly
sophisticated EXILIM Engine 2.0 - a high-performance, image-processing
module that not only improves image quality, but also boosts
performance by, for instance, delivering new motion analysis
technology. This latest model in the EXILIM series also delivers
best-in-class* high-speed, continuous shooting at 7 shots per second
until the available memory is full, empowering users to capture every
split second of an action-packed scene.
* As of 30 January 2007, for compact digital cameras. Based on a Casio
- Stylish, slim, compact model featuring 10.1 million
and 3x optical zoom.
- Maximum 7 shots/second high-speed continuous shooting
(Limited to 2.0
megapixels and normal image quality. Requires use of a High Speed SD
- EXILIM Engine 2.0 image processing module featuring new
- Blur-reduction technologies
- Automatically analyses the velocity and vector of a moving
sets the most appropriate ISO sensitivity and shutter speed.
- Anti Shake DSP reduces blur due to shaky hands and subject
using high shutter speeds and high sensitivity settings.
- Movie mode with electronic camera shake compensation
- Newly developed 2.6 inch Wide and Bright LCD display
brightness of 1,000 cd/m2 at centre of screen).
- Control panel that displays shooting information on the
right side of
the monitor and enables direct camera control.
- Super Life Battery allows up to 370 shots to be taken when