Latest Camera Comments

Latest comments, thoughts and reaction to our recently reviewed Camera Equipment, including the Fujifilm X100V Hands-On Preview & Sample Photos.

Just Jas
As the Irish have it "All improvements are for the worse". Smile

Made by Just Jas on 15 Feb 2020 10:57PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

MrDennis
I'll stick with my OM1 Mk2 for now.

Made by MrDennis on 12 Feb 2020 9:58PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

ArtyArt
How many images does it combine in creating a 50mp image, only in the hi -res version of the house you can see movement in the man at the door and the ducks on the water?

Made by ArtyArt on 12 Feb 2020 5:08PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

RamblinSam
My only grumble is that the On/Off switch position hasn't been changed to a more ergonomically satisfactory position, such as where it was located on the original E-1, (On the R/hand side next to the user's thumb, behind the shutter release) or the L/hand side overhanging the back of the body, where it's positioned on the E-1MX. The E-1 's position is (in my opinion) the better location of these two, as it's great for those 'on the spur of the moment' one-handed grab shots,

Made by RamblinSam on 12 Feb 2020 4:06PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

tyronet2000
Sounds good and the price seems "affordable" but is it as complicated to use as the M1 mkII ?

Made by tyronet2000 on 12 Feb 2020 1:29PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

Beards
I am a big fan of Fn Buttons. Not having the D-Pad and now changing it to the Touchscreen is mad, MAd, MAD.... Wear gloves or the screen gets wet and you lose any touchscreen capability.
That and if I have the camera to my eye it is easy easy to place my thumb on the D-Pad and select a Fn. You canít do that with the Touchscreen swiping Up/Down/Left/Right.

Made by Beards on 12 Feb 2020 12:21PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

sandhurstmartin
Nigel, the D button menu is now replaced by using joystick and menu button , and the touch screen, if enabled. My own view, I prefer the D button and second, the joystick together. Camera size may restrict using both of these. I am not so keen on touch screens but these are ok if they can be by-passed, like turning off.

Made by sandhurstmartin on 11 Feb 2020 12:26AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

sandhurstmartin
im looking at sony a6500, Fuji xe3 or xt30, and now the X100V.....what a stunner of a camera!. I now have to decide on fixed or interchangeable lens types camera....at this rate I wont be able to make a decision. There, saved some money again.

Made by sandhurstmartin on 11 Feb 2020 12:21AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

sandhurstmartin
I have to say though, for looks size and simplicity, sony a6500 is a winner.

Made by sandhurstmartin on 11 Feb 2020 12:14AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

sandhurstmartin
is it better than Fujifilm ? Just curious and not intending to down sony or others. Just appears Fuji bring out cameras every 3 to 4 yrs as a way to improve, innovate on the classic design. Their Fuji lens appear to be slightly smaller, placed in-between 4 thirds and aps??, slightly cheaper but with high ratings for their glass quality. What I do like, is that sony have ibis and weather proofing and flippy screens....something Fuji seem to dislike doing except perhaps for the x100v just released and more expensive xt3.. Hmmm bean counters getting involved again, in engineering and innovation. Hate them counters types.

Made by sandhurstmartin on 10 Feb 2020 11:57PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply