PortraitPro Flash Sale - 50% Off + Get An Extra 20% Off with Code: EZ89

Latest Camera Comments

Latest comments, thoughts and reaction to our recently reviewed Camera Equipment, including the Sony ZV-1 Review.

jameslander
A free merkin with every camera ! Who are they trying to attract ?

Made by jameslander on 31 Jul 2020 10:26AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

BillyShooter
There is a grammar error here: "it should survive all minor of mistreatment."

The correct word is "manner." As in "it should survive all manner of mistreatment", meaning "all kinds/sorts of mistreatment."

Made by BillyShooter on 30 Jul 2020 5:24PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

ChrisV
You donít mention it, but I think the IBIS is actually electronic (hence the crop) and doesnít work at all in stills mode. Iím still tempted by this (once the price comes down a bit) as a replacement for my GM5. The evf looks a real winner and it does have a newer 20mp sensor. Shame about the lack of real IBIS and also the very slow flash sync the electronic curtain necessitates, but thatís the price of such a small body. You mention the G90 as an alternative, but the G9 is now in a similar price bracket and thatís a camera which represents probably the best of Panasonic in MfT - a real bargain at its current price, particularly now it will match the GH5s high bitrate video capture. Itís big of course, (which is the sole reason this camera tempts me as a stealth alternative), but itís also possibly the most superbly handling camera Iíve ever owned.

Made by ChrisV on 26 Jul 2020 11:58PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

pablophotographer
Looks well designed and ergonomic Smile

Made by pablophotographer on 23 Jul 2020 3:49PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

banehawi
IBIS would certainly temp me. But the price...

Made by banehawi on 17 Jul 2020 1:49PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

ford
I can live without the minimal improvements over my X-T3, definitely not enough to even contemplate upgrading to the X-T4, itís X-T3 all the way on this one 👍

Made by ford on 15 Jul 2020 9:34AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

mart872uk
I have had regular hi end DSLR cameras and pro lenses . But it was a logistics problem esp with walking or travel .
On a shoot historically , you end up using one zoom due to reducing size of kit and security and weight .
Iím delighted with Olympus quality , itís all smaller and lighter , and no problem with image stock library quality control .
Each to is own , but small and light is good for me.

Made by mart872uk on 14 Jul 2020 12:37PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

joshwa
David Thorpe has posted a video on how to clear the shooting screen:

Made by joshwa on 14 Jul 2020 11:28AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

Alingaga
What settings must be made so that there is no delay in triggering-shutter lag. Tx!

Made by Alingaga on 4 Jun 2020 8:25AM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply

jeanjosephchezmoi
I should add that the Panasonic G9 (released about two years ago) is a worthy rival and in my experience it is an outstanding camera, now costing about half the price of this Olympus. I really don't get all this nonsense about the Panasonic's DFD autofocus but chacun a son gout.

Made by jeanjosephchezmoi on 20 May 2020 8:30PM, join in and reply to this comment!  Reply